Removal men cost

I found the answer to all removal troubles where you can easily move home without a removal van and you could quite easily put everything in your car boot.
Get one of these and the problem's solved. :D

Moved our lasses brother out of his dads flat who’d passed away over the xmas period into his own place round the corner with a couple of the vans.
f***ing pelted the fucker into his kip :lol:

it always amazes me the people who say they will give you a hand,turn up an hr late then say “it looks as though you’d don’t need me“
:lol: Aye. It worse when they work in a call centre because there is nothing they can do in return.

I hired a van for the big stuff and just moved the small stuff in my car. As long as you’re organised it’s really easy.

Last time we moved, we used a local firm. They were sick as fuck by the end of the job. Will be using Pickford or Churchill next time and let them do the packing.
What sort of money do these firms charge? We should be moving (about half a mile) later this year, from a 2 bed terraced to a 4 bed detatched. I want to be involved as little as possible.

Last time I was only moving about 100 yards down the same estate so hired a van and thought just do it me'sel with a couple of mates/neighbours, never again! The bigger stuff like sofas and tables etc weren't a problem, it's all the fuck on of emptying wardrobes of clothes on shitloads of hangers then having to transport them and put them all back and bits of shit like that you don't really think about. Even recently we've had to move furniture out of rooms while builders were in and that was a fuck on too. Maybe I'm just getting too old for it all and struggling but next time I'll gladly pay a proper company to do the lot.

I did it before and we almost broke most of my furniture. At least removal men know what they're doing.
When we moved, paying for the removal van and men was the best of money we spent on removal costs. Moved a family five out of a first and second floor split level flat to house. Out and in in eight hours and that included three hours not doing anything.

Never forget the sight of a bloke strapping a five foot 6 fridge to his back and walking down stairs with it.

I’ve done some work for a removals company before for one of my ex lasses friends to tide me over a bit and it was f***ing brutal work like. I’d definitely pay someone to do it myself if I could afford it.

As for the price I don’t think for a 3 bed house it would be too bad. Maybe 600 quid for a local firm or something like that? I think the likes of Pickfords and that you will pay more but they will definitely look after your stuff. Worth it either way though.

we moved a few years back, got someone off man with a van. it was a couple of hundred quid about 10 miles, 3 bed house. 3 blokes turned up in a luton took them 2 trips and i took some stuff in the car. i dont know how they made a profit, as i think they came up from leeds to do it.

@monkeytassle make sure the removals men are never out of your site once they have loaded up the van and when on the move.

Follow them from your old place to your new place in the car if needs be. There is a common trick where they say, we'll follow you and then "get lost", before you get a call from their boss saying that there is more stuff than they agreed to and they'll need some extra wedge from you to complete the job.

When we moved last year we used Premier Removals it was £200. Our lasses step dad and I helped the two lads out as well but that was our choice.

she seems like a right piece of shit mind

I lived close to her at one point and had a large display unit that needed moving. I noticed the van outside her house one Sunday morning so asked my daughter to nip along and ask if she would help us move it. She and her partner came straight round and set it in position for us. They refused my offer of money and left to continue making their Sunday lunch.

My son moved back up from his internship in MK (he's moving back down when he takes up his graduate job after Uni at Network Rail so I'll have to do it all again late next year), it was going to cost between 1 to 1.5k so I just hired a van down MK and drove back up to Sunderland and dropped it off in Birtley the next day, with the fuel it cost about £210 for everything.

Back