Removal men cost

We paid about 450 for the move and about another 300 for then to pack the house up. I was surprised the packing service was so cheap and I’d definitely recommend it, takes a lot of the stress out of moving.

Get a quote online. You can enter the property details so they can measure distance, I did it when I moved a few years ago and the estimate was pretty close to the agreed price once I'd followed it up.

We paid about 450 for the move and about another 300 for then to pack the house up. I was surprised the packing service was so cheap and I’d definitely recommend it, takes a lot of the stress out of moving.
Do they not insist on packing? So they can't be held responsible for any damage they didn't do?

About 5 miles and we paid about 700 quid if memory serves. That was from and to 4 bed houses which was another factor in their costs. This was in the NE, though.

Never used them before. How much am I looking at ball park for a medium sized 3 bed house/flat.

I used the same company from Whickham for two similar sized moves recently after getting a few quotes. I’d guess £300 for your job. Couldn’t speak highly enough of them.

EDIT - just seen you’re in London, ignore

Last edited:
Hire a van and do it yourself with some mates. 75 quid van hire 100 quid for beers and Chinese after the move is done.
I was one of the mates, along with one more, and he hadn’t been driving long enough so I drove his van too

Think it was a half day van hire 15 years ago so £20/25. Plan was ‘a few pints’ afterwards so wasn’t even going to cost him the Chinese

Had to get the van back, so he offered to buy us pints ‘next time’

Haven’t seen him since :lol:

We moved recently (also a 3 bed semi) and the quotes I got varied quite a bit from the £400 mark up to £700. Thought fuck that and hired a van for £70 and done it ourselves with me dad.

Back