Remote teaching and learning

My class are now self isolating. A pupil came in on Tuesday but then had symptoms, and tested positive yesterday. We were only back three days!

Back to Seesaw for me until the end of next week. It's the first full class closure we've had at the school.
That's shit, poor kids. My son only went back today and already he seems so much happier, I think he'd crack up if he had to work from home again.

Shit man, our reception had to isolate in October but so far I've been lucky.
Our daughter at secondary school has had to isolate twice, fully expect her to have to again before the years out.

That's shit, poor kids. My son only went back today and already he seems so much happier, I think he'd crack up if he had to work from home again.

Yep poor kids, although I'm happy that they spent a few days together and had a bit of normality. I reckon that will have helped then a lot.

For those of you in the profession when do you think they'll stop pulling out bubbles on the back of one case?

I think the moment they get rid of all restrictions it’ll pave the way for getting rid of bubbles and therefore it’ll just be singular isolation for that child and anyone who shows symptoms who has been in contact with that child.

But honestly, no idea. Just a guess.z

You'll have to ask PHE. Our head followed their advice back in October. As far as I'm aware they're still pulling the strings.

Im fully aware whose pulling the strings. Did you really think I thought headteachers were making the decision or are you just being a bit arsey?

I just put it out there to gauge opinions.

Im fully aware whose pulling the strings. Did you really think I thought headteachers were making the decision or are you just being a bit arsey?

I just put it out there to gauge opinions.
No, not been aresy. Not everybody is as informed as you, I've talked to people who think it's the school's decision to isolate bubbles. I'm afraid there's some really ignorant parents kicking about.
Answer to the question is that it will leak out to The Daily Mail and they'll tell us.

Last edited:
Haven’t a clue but we are already having issues with face masks and parents refusing to allow Covid testing.
Mine is struggling with the mask, but she is plodding on as she said to me its not all about her.

Can't understand why anyone wouldn't allow the testing.
Bairn been in close contact with someone at school who has it so he isn't allowed back until the 23rd, ffs.

He had the test at school yesterday and was negative.

I thought he would go and get a 'proper' test now and then if that comes back as negative then he could go back to school?

Last edited:
My class are now self isolating. A pupil came in on Tuesday but then had symptoms, and tested positive yesterday. We were only back three days!

Back to Seesaw for me until the end of next week. It's the first full class closure we've had at the school.

And now my partner has tested positive :mad: We're just waiting for her official test results but it looks like another ten days of isolation for me, which will take me right through to the Easter holidays.

All in all that means I'll have been in for three days with my class this year. At least they'll be back next week for a week.

And now my partner has tested positive :mad: We're just waiting for her official test results but it looks like another ten days of isolation for me, which will take me right through to the Easter holidays.

All in all that means I'll have been in for three days with my class this year. At least they'll be back next week for a week.
Bloody hell, never rains but it pours for you mate.
Our KS2 have got off lightly, although KS1 was hit before Christmas.
Lads desperately needing a haircut is the biggest concern at the moment.

It seems really silly that Teachers are not all being offered the vaccine, I hope your partner gets a negative or at least not many symptoms

Back