Remembrance Sunday -anyone doing anything?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date
And yours is the first post I have noticed to use this thread as a political soapbox
This has been a good thread to read full of sobering stories. Today we can't even begin to imagine what it was like back then for the soldiers, some of whom were only boys in reality. You'll always get somebody who can't respect what the thread is about and try to push an agenda. They are best ignored.

Currently stood at North Marine Park, ready for the remembrance fireworks display in Shields.

That is a very nice and touching thing to do mate.:)
Thank you.I was walking through there one year and they it was sad seeing so many (not all) seemingly forgotten stones, it brought a lump to my throat.
This year other poppies have been placed on them which was really nice and I really hope it's school children being taught history is at their doorstep bless em.

Thank you.I was walking through there one year and they it was sad seeing so many (not all) seemingly forgotten stones, it brought a lump to my throat.
This year other poppies have been placed on them which was really nice and I really hope it's school children being taught history is at their doorstep bless em.
This is really wonderful of you, you have a great heart mate!:)

Was working at the cenotaph today which I requested the day after last years remembrance parade and have done for a few years now.
Always enjoy it, chance to have a chat with some of the vets and show some gratitude for what they have done in their past. Even gave a bloke a push in his wheelchair because his wife was absolutely knackered bless her, he had her pushing him around London for the fourth day in a row.

Back