Remember people saying to give up on this season?

I’ll happily admit I was saying if we didn’t beat Doncaster at home that we should maybe look towards giving the young lads a run In the team to see if they’d be able to push on with us next season. I’m also quite willing to admit that I’d write Charlie wyke completely off.
I’m more than happy to be at this point been to be completely wrong on both opinions.

wyke has stood up and scored us goals that I never thought he could and the team have put a run together that have reeled the rest in.

hopefully we can go on and finish the good work.

im still not convinced wyke will be able to make a move up in leagues but I’m happy to have him keep proving me wrong.

No doubt. You were one of them weren't ya.. :)
The only thing I criticised was putting Matthews in and signing another injured player (who I can't remember the name of but Wyke's ace so doesn't matter), I've been buzzing since I knew KLD was basically locked in in Oct.

I’m riding the crest of a wave atm and I’m looking forward to every game, whilst a little bit of me is just waiting for us to be absolutely humped because our left side of defence is cobbled together.

Can’t give enough credit to McGeady for the work he’s done covering for McFadz, I’ve never seen someone so determined to get promoted in my life. The bloke is like a man possessed at the minute.

Huge game Tuesday, let’s f***ing get after them.

We are used to disappointment. We will probably end up disappointed again. We won’t get away with the injuries we’ve got at Portsmouth, but even after losing there we would still have reasonable chance of top 2. I hope more fundamentally than success on the pitch we can have a team we love on, players we can’t wait to watch etc. but it’s all been spoiled by not being able to go.

It almost feels like a defense mechanism for some people. I think it's one of those things where if you already expect the worse, than it wont hurt as much if it happens. Never works though.

The best part about this season is how easy it was for us to climb the table. I wonder how many teams have won promotion with a manager getting fired halfway through it. Not saying we are definitely promoted but I would be surprised if we didnt.

That’s the way it is one this board with so many people. It’s weird. There’s absolutely no grey areas, it’s either one extreme or the other. I’ve never known such a bi-polar view from such a wide group of people.

The worst ones are the ones that aggressively express their opinion that a player is shite and always will be and then ridicule anyone who disagrees with them.

I wonder how many of those who are now "holding their hands up and are happy to have been proved wrong" about Wyke will continue to do exactly the same thing about other players without having actually learned their lesson.

Last edited:
Name names.?

Same with Wyke opinions?

How times /opinions change

Lose against Pompey and Accrington Johnson will be shit again according to experts on here!

Mind its entertaining stuff which makes this forum unique

HTL

Hope Wyke cracks in 25 League goals

Similar to the McGeady is finished mob.

I would love an automatic promotion spot but we are certainly not quite there yet. Other teams that have had a bit of a wobble have plenty of time to put things right and we may not be able to keep things going.

I will say that we certainly do look as if we will get in to the play-offs over which there was a question mark a few weeks ago That's always a bit of a wild card but it might help ease some of the pressure on the players.

Back