Remaining friendlies

1more

Striker
Only 2 more games left until the start of the new season.

I've said all along we hadn't arranged enough preseason games. I think we are going to be seriously under cooked come the first game of the season.

Are we going to be ready?

Is 2 games enough to be the fully fit, integrate the players and develop a new system?

Last edited:

I've said all along we hadn't arranged enough preseason games. I think we are going to be seriously under cooked come the first game of the season.

No

We won’t be ready but we never are. The whole system is shite and I say this every year. The transfer window should end before preseason so teams have a chance to use preseason for its intended purpose which is readying the actual team for the coming season, not some jolly cum PR exercise which achieves little as the game of musical chairs among the players extends several games into the season.

Is 2 games enough to be the fully fit, integrate the players and develop a new system?
Didn’t we have a behind closed door game so that makes 3, so your question is null and void

I'm surprised by how few we've arranged, even more so because we came back 10 days later than most teams. I would like to say Ross knows what he's doing and we just have to trust him but I don't believe that. There must be closed door games we aren't aware of her.

I don't know if your taking into account the behind closed doors match? Which brings the total to 5.

I think 5 is enough and we will be time, as someone said in another thread our squad is 90% better than anyone in the league, probably right too. Be reet we will.

Just seems all very low key, if you get my drift.
I think Ross is naturally calm and is the type who will accept working under the circumstances he has. That probably makes the fans feel he has no urgency. There's massive pressure on him imo, but he's probably the only one that's been honest when he speaks all summer. Donald has made some bold statements the last couple of months and has already given the fans enough ammo to through him under the bus if we don't start well. I think he's took advice from others close to him and gone underground. I would imagine his bean counters were cringing with his 100 point crack.

Didn’t we have a behind closed door game so that makes 3, so your question is null and void
Hows it null at void? Do we still only have 2 left?

Also do you know anything about this behind close door game? Who did we play? Which players featured? How long was the game for?

Back