REM

I don't get REM in the way a lot of people on here are saying. I really like some of their songs, others I find a drag.
My knowledge mainly extends to what would probably constitute a greatest hits.
People mentioning the 80s REM stuff, what would you suggest for listening to?
Life’s Rich Pageant and Green were their best 80’s albums IMO. Murmur, Fables of the Reconstruction and Document were also great albums too.

I don’t actually listen to them a lot these days but they were a very big part of the soundtrack of my youth, great band.

Just come on one of the music TVs channels.

What a band they were. Not generally mentioned in the conversation of "great" bands, but I think the quality of their songs compares favourably to anyone
Just another step closer to your demise.
The more you look back the closer your death!

Life’s Rich Pageant and Green were their best 80’s albums IMO. Murmur, Fables of the Reconstruction and Document were also great albums too.

I don’t actually listen to them a lot these days but they were a very big part of the soundtrack of my youth, great band.

I'll give those two albums a go

Ok apologies. Just whenever I see a post I'm not particular interested in I don't normally read it or comment on it.

As said it's a discussion board so discuss away:oops:
:lol::lol:Love it

the mention of R.E.M. is like his bat symbol, he waits patiently in the shadows for his calling before exploding onto the forum armed with an encyclopedic volume of youtube links
Thing is with @NewAdventuresInWiFi a while back he said he never gave likes out so when he does answer his bat symbol you’ve hit yo remember not to like anything he posts. Very petty and childish but very important.:lol:

Sorry dont want to sound like a dick but why did you bother replying to an REM thread?
For balance is my guess
Had loads of Rem love in threads ,getting a bit tiresome and you are a sensitive lot

I don't get REM in the way a lot of people on here are saying. I really like some of their songs, others I find a drag.
My knowledge mainly extends to what would probably constitute a greatest hits.
People mentioning the 80s REM stuff, what would you suggest for listening to?
One of those bands you felt you had to like back in the day and for a while they out there but it wore thin .

Are people not allowed to slag them off like? Worst band I’ve ever seen live at MK Bowl in 95
Saw them MK bowl in 80s

Last edited:
Just come on one of the music TVs channels.

What a band they were. Not generally mentioned in the conversation of "great" bands, but I think the quality of their songs compares favourably to anyone

A great band during 80s and 90s.
Probably not mentioned in conversation as much because their prime period was before internet, they were not media whores like a lot of less talented bands or artists.... ;)

Remembered they play Tiffany early eighties before appearing on the Tube the night after, did a version of Moon River one of the bouncer said to me these are one of the best band he had seen

Back