Rely on vaccination status or get 'recovery' cert?

sonofpele

Full Back
Rightio, due to travel to Spain on 21st. Wife (nope) had symptoms earlier in the week and took an LFT this morning which was positive (registered on gov/nhs site).

Guidelines for spain are that we need one of: fully vaccinated status, negative test or recovery certifcate. She is fully vaccinated (had 4th jab last Saturday weirdly) so will that suffice or do we err on the side of caution and get her a recovery certificate as well in case she is temp checked or tested anywhere on our trip and has the cert to fall back on as well?

How do the recovery certs work if we go that route? Will her LFT count or should I be getting her booked in for a PCR tomorrow privately so that it's done by a healthcare professional and she has the 11 days before she can get the recovery certificate?

Anyone had anything similar happen - in hindsight I should have burnt the LFTs before she had a chance to take one out of curiosity I guess.

Nice to see to the very bitter end we still have covidiots keen to get one over on the system.

Probably one or them sat with a pork pie and 10 pints of fosters in a pub in November 2020 thinking they were clever.

Nice to see to the very bitter end we still have covidiots keen to get one over on the system.

Probably one or them sat with a pork pie and 10 pints of fosters in a pub in November 2020 thinking they were clever.
Do humour me on this oh wise one, i'm intrigued as to what the system says I should do in this situation (by the way DAM Medical in Killingworth who we had tests with yesterday were also clueless so I'll pass on your words of wisdom to them as well).

Do humour me on this oh wise one, i'm intrigued as to what the system says I should do in this situation (by the way DAM Medical in Killingworth who we had tests with yesterday were also clueless so I'll pass on your words of wisdom to them as well).
Totally misread your message and I apologise for being a knob. Read so much lately about people jusy twisting the rules and antivaxxers going without papers.

Just go. Assuming she isnt ill obviously. take her vaccine passport. She wont be pulled for a test as long as she has her papers. Absolute no chance she’d be testing positive in 12 days time anyway.

Totally misread your message and I apologise for being a knob. Read so much lately about people jusy twisting the rules and antivaxxers going without papers.

Just go. Assuming she isnt ill obviously. take her vaccine passport. She wont be pulled for a test as long as she has her papers. Absolute no chance she’d be testing positive in 12 days time anyway.
No worries mate, thought it was a bit extreme :D

I am fully vaccinated. I had my second booster this morning but that’s irrelevant for my trip to Spain tomorrow.

I had covid but recovered from it about a month and a half ago. I tested, and isolated, but didn’t register any result because… well I didn’t see the point. I cancelled a visit from my daughter who lives in Spain, at my expense, and kept safe until I was testing negative. About a fortnight.

So, by virtue of the fact I didn’t report my test results to anyone, I don’t need a recovery certificate. I’m negative and fully vaccinated . In the unlikely event that anyone at an airport asks me if I’ve had covid I’ll say no. Is this irresponsible?

I am fully vaccinated. I had my second booster this morning but that’s irrelevant for my trip to Spain tomorrow.

I had covid but recovered from it about a month and a half ago. I tested, and isolated, but didn’t register any result because… well I didn’t see the point. I cancelled a visit from my daughter who lives in Spain, at my expense, and kept safe until I was testing negative. About a fortnight.

So, by virtue of the fact I didn’t report my test results to anyone, I don’t need a recovery certificate. I’m negative and fully vaccinated . In the unlikely event that anyone at an airport asks me if I’ve had covid I’ll say no. Is this irresponsible?
:lol:

I take it this is a ‘no’. Which is nice. 😀 ☺️

I felt f***ing rough tbh but only for the first day. Didn’t want a random temperature check at the airport to delay me and require a test, coz I expect my temperate was a bit high.

Back