Religion of peace

I can’t see how being angry about anything benefits you at all and I’ve had many a debate with my lass over this.

She gets annoyed about things and I’ve tried to explain to her that it’s doing her no good. She is of the opinion that she doesn’t want to suppress her anger and I can’t get my head around that.

Obviously anger will always happen but I think it is healthy to let things go as quickly as possible.

In this instance I find it hard to believe that the bloke is telling the truth. I’m of course not having a dig because he is using this as a way of coping with his grief rather than being in a complete state of panic and grief. I really sympathise with him as he must be in terrible shock and who am I to say how it should manifest itself.

Not getting angry achieves nothing at all either , maybe your lass just cares about the injustices and unfairness in the world. I agree, as an individual its probably better for your own wellbeing not to get angry, but anger is natural, generally a by product of someone who cares, similar in lots of cases to depression. See how angry rich people get when poor people end up getting some of their wealth.

I can’t see how being angry about anything benefits you at all and I’ve had many a debate with my lass over this.

She gets annoyed about things and I’ve tried to explain to her that it’s doing her no good. She is of the opinion that she doesn’t want to suppress her anger and I can’t get my head around that.

Obviously anger will always happen but I think it is healthy to let things go as quickly as possible.

In this instance I find it hard to believe that the bloke is telling the truth. I’m of course not having a dig because he is using this as a way of coping with his grief rather than being in a complete state of panic and grief. I really sympathise with him as he must be in terrible shock and who am I to say how it should manifest itself.
I think you've hit the nail on the head there in that everyone would get angry at times but theres no point at getting angry over things that don't really matter and if you do, let it go as soon as possible.

I know from a personal point of view getting all shouty with me is a waste of time and I would guarantee my response wouldn't be positive.

Not getting angry achieves nothing at all either , maybe your lass just cares about the injustices and unfairness in the world. I agree, as an individual its probably better for your own wellbeing not to get angry, but anger is natural, generally a by product of someone who cares, similar in lots of cases to depression. See how angry rich people get when poor people end up getting some of their wealth.
Not getting angry and then expressing your feelings in a more constructive way would be beneficial. Also getting angry about things is meaningless unless you're prepared to do something about it.

Last edited:
No what I’m saying is it’s not helpful if you’re just sat in the huff. Being angry about injustice will do absolutely nothing. It is completely meaningless. If this poor lad is just sat angry then what’s he going to achieve? Once he feels like he can move on then his life is back on track. I have no idea how he is supposed to do that after what he’s been through mind.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there in that everyone would get angry at times but theres no point at getting angry over things that don't really matter and if you do, let it go as soon as possible.

I know from a personal point of view getting all shouty with me is a waste of time and I would guarantee my response wouldn't be positive.

Not getting angry and then expressing your feelings in a more constructive way would be beneficial. Also getting angry about things is meaningless unless you're prepared to do something about it.
Well this is another thing. Anger creates tension and negative situations. Nobody reacts well to anger and negativity.

Last edited:
The killer doesn't deserve his forgiveness, but that's Mr Ahmed's right, if it was me though I couldn't ever forgive anyone if an innocent member of my family was killed.
Taking nothing from the gesture I think it's just as much an important process for the forgiver so they can move forward.Hate,anger,bitterness etc caused by someone is very dangerous and needs putting in a box so you can crack on

I don’t normally agree with Muffin Man, iirc, but his OP is spot on.

I’m not usually moved that much by stuff on TV, but f***ing hell, I had a lump in my throat seeing that amazing human being speak so positively when he’s just lost his wife. Expressing love for the killer! Wow, just wow. Ironically, it reminded me of a certain bloke called Jesus.

I just wanted to hug him, help him, do whatever I could to make his life better. If everyone on earth were like him, there’d be no violence, no hatred, no division. Why can’t we work towards a world like that?

I love him, I really do, and I don’t even know him. He was inspirational, but he made me feel deeply ashamed of myself. Ashamed for getting angry over things that really aren’t important. I could never be the man he is, could any of us?

We can only try. Judging by the hateful comments people get on here over the most trivial disagreements, we’re just not going to get there. People in general simply don’t have their brains wired up to suppress anger and hatred. We could do a hell of a lot better than we do now, though.

It’s tragic that this beautiful gentleman’s life was destroyed by a man of pure hatred. I don’t mean to sound melodramatic and soppy, but I hope he can feel the love from around the world. There’s more good people than there is Neo Nazis out there. That’s something positive to think about.

Hopefully, in time, religious indoctrination will be seen for what it is.
It'll take centuries, if ever.

I don’t normally agree with Muffin Man, iirc, but his OP is spot on.

I’m not usually moved that much by stuff on TV, but f***ing hell, I had a lump in my throat seeing that amazing human being speak so positively when he’s just lost his wife. Expressing love for the killer! Wow, just wow. Ironically, it reminded me of a certain bloke called Jesus.

I just wanted to hug him, help him, do whatever I could to make his life better. If everyone on earth were like him, there’d be no violence, no hatred, no division. Why can’t we work towards a world like that?

I love him, I really do, and I don’t even know him. He was inspirational, but he made me feel deeply ashamed of myself. Ashamed for getting angry over things that really aren’t important. I could never be the man he is, could any of us?

We can only try. Judging by the hateful comments people get on here over the most trivial disagreements, we’re just not going to get there. People in general simply don’t have their brains wired up to suppress anger and hatred. We could do a hell of a lot better than we do now, though.

It’s tragic that this beautiful gentleman’s life was destroyed by a man of pure hatred. I don’t mean to sound melodramatic and soppy, but I hope he can feel the love from around the world. There’s more good people than there is Neo Nazis out there. That’s something positive to think about.
Hatred is learned, it's not innate.

Shutting down those who perpetuate it is where you start.

Last edited:

Back