Religion of peace

I totally agree. The are some atheists out there who can put many preachers to same buy the example they set in life and how we should be as a person, when it comes to good morals, ethics, values and how to conduct yourself as a person.

As a believer in God, I believe they will be rewarded more by God, than many who proclaim that they follow God correctly.

There are some wonderful people in religion and some great church communities around the world, who do wonderful things to help others less fortunate. This man in the headlines above, is a perfect example of how a person applies their belief in a correct way.

:lol:Canny.:lol:

As a non believer in god I believe that brave people will be brave regardless of a promised reward after they are dead. I think that if nobody worshipped an invisible man in the sky we would all get on a whole lot better too.

The God of love.;)

Is that the same god which killed every man, woman, child and baby on the Earth by drowning them in a flood ?

Last edited:

As a non believer in god I believe that brave people will be brave regardless of a promised reward after they are dead. I think that if nobody worshipped an invisible man in the sky we would all get on a whole lot better too.

Is that the same god which killed every man, woman, child and baby on the Earth by drowning them in a flood ?
People would only find other reasons to hate each other. We are incapable of getting along, regardless of religion or not.

Fake news FFS, if everyone drowned , we wouldn't be here now. Noah, and Mrs. Noah survived , and as Noah was 950 when he died he must have done a lot of begetting . He had a few sons, daughters etc. One of the sons was Ham, and he was obviously responsible for all the present day gammons. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sure they would. But religion is so prevalent that if it was removed then a huge source of hatred would be removed from the world.
I agree that much hatred would disappear but does religion cause more harm than good, when you consider that the majority of people who follow religion are just normal, everyday people who do not rant and rave, do not kill and/or terrorise and only want to get on with their lives in peace?
It's the 'Establishments' and extremist nutters that spoil it all for the rest. A bombing will get far more media coverage than a church who is feeding the homeless. The picture painted of religion by the media and establishment is biased, selective and does not tell the whole story of what goes in religion.

Last edited:
I agree that much hatred would disappear but does religion cause more harm than good, when you consider that the majority of people who follow religion are just normal, everyday people who do not rant and rave, do not kill and/or terrorise and only want to get on with their lives in peace?
It's the 'Establishments' and extremist nutters that spoil it all for the rest. A bombing will get far more media coverage than a church who is feeding the homeless. The picture painted of religion by the media and establishment is biased, selective and does not tell the whole story of what goes in religion.

Do you agree that the bible says god drowned everyone in the world and that inevitably included babies ? Do you you think a being which kills babies is worthy of being revered ?

Do you agree that the bible says god drowned everyone in the world and that inevitably included babies ? Do you you think a being which kills babies is worthy of being revered ?
I think that a lot of it is fictional story telling, passed down in oral tradition. But some of the stories are based on facts and ring true.
The most important messages in the Bible are about 'Faith to God' and about 'Love and compassion'. Faith in God can only be truly understood by some of those with faith. A person who does not believe in God, will not understand what faith really is, unless they actually gain faith.

Last edited:
I think that a lot of it is fictional story telling, passed down in oral tradition. But some of the stories are based on facts and ring true.
The most important messages in the Bible are about 'Faith to God' and about 'Love and compassion'. Faith in God can only be truly understood by some of those with faith. A person who does not believe in God, will not understand what faith really is, unless they actually gain faith.

That really isn't an honest answer marra. If you are honest with yourself you will have to admit that you are uncomfortable with the idea of god drowning babies so you will push it to one side.

That really isn't an honest answer marra. If you are honest with yourself you will have to admit that you are uncomfortable with the idea of god drowning babies so you will push it to one side.
I believe there was a great flood but this was a tale that evolved from it happening, that became oral tradition and was passed down as fact.

I'm not a bible basher man:lol:, my bible is more than just this book, I find my bible in certain aspects of nature and of life.

Last edited:
I believe there was a great flood but this was a tale that evolved from it happening, that became oral tradition and was passed down as fact.

I'm not a bible basher man:lol:, my bible is more than just this book, I find my bible in certain aspects of nature and of life.

I am not asking you if you are a bible basher. I am simply asking you if you think your god killed babies by drowning them. It's a really simple question and not at all a trick. For myself I think it is all nonsense but if you believe any of it you need to tell us how you differentiate the horrors from the (very few) nice bits.

A phrase so often used as an insult but what an incredible man this is. Wife is killed in the NZ terror attack and he has the strength to not only forgive him but say that he could help peace in the future.....This man is a better man than I ever could be and if it is his religion that allows to do this then as an atheist I have to accept that religion gives some people strength that I certainly couldnt and wouldnt have.

The more people from all sides are able to react to extremism and extremists in this way the better the world will be and it perhaps gives me a little hope that the world is not as fucked as I thought it was when watching those terrible scenes this week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-asia-47602781/chris

What sides? The killer acted alone with no links to any terrorist organisation.

There is a lot of bad in religion but there is lot of good and people who become better people because of religion. You would never get rid of institutionalised religion, this is why I always find the argument of 'Get rid of religion' a pointless one. Only the good people within a religion can shape religion to be better by doing it from within that religion. People who see the shit between religions(including their own), see the hypocrisy in religion, the twisting of scripture, of the damnation of those who are not one of them, etc.
Sadly this is just a pipe dream also but good religious people must never give up the fight to make this world a more peaceful world.
I was brought up in a very strict, Catholic background, never miss church, celebrate every holy day, etc. I don't go to church now but the teachings of Jesus always keep me right in life.;) I found the church is within, that's where I get my guidance in life and how to promote love and not hate.
Learn Tai Chi

Back