Relegation

I don’t think we’ll be relegated. Hopefully we can scrape a play off spot.

This. Got to try and keep things in perspective. I'm as pissed off as anyone but we won't get relegated. I think only the most optimistic will genuinely think it'll suddenly "click" enough, either now or with signings in January, to get automatic promotion. It could happen but I don't see this squad being capable of getting anything like the consistency required for that. Play offs though? More than possible, especially given the widow coming up where we might try and do something. We're playing badly at the minute and we're still well in the play off picture, not saying it's a guarantee but we'd really have to stay shit not to have a chance of it. Don't think this lot have the heart and bottle to win a play off mind so it might not matter a fuck if we get in

Are you dismissing the cup games?

When we played a full strength last night & a lot of first teamers against Gillingham & Leicester’s u21’s.
Yes, because league form is so often different to the cup - and as I pointed out we played probably 3 first choice players against Gillingham. I don't think there's any chance whatsoever of relegation and this thread is typical of the OTT nature of this board.

I agree that we are not likely to be in a relegation battle this year, but equally I cant see us getting promoted. If we don't, it becomes a third year in Division 3, with no parachute payments and probably the most expensive wage bill in this division. I think we'll have to let go quite a few of those out of contract at the end of the season, and they will be replaced with cheaper, poorer players (as has been the case since we sold Darren Bent in 2011).

And that, then, is when we're more likely to be in a relegation battle than looking at the play-offs. I can honestly imagine us being in Division 4 by 2022/2023 - if we're still in existence by then!

Back