Relegation

Sam Handwich

Striker
In a league we all seem to agree is shite, does that not mean we are as equally likely to go down as up.
Is the margin that larage. Scunthorpe were in League One this time last year and they look head and shoulders above us.
Have we got the players, manager, or the balls to play our way out of this spiral ?

In a league we all seem to agree is shite, does that not mean we are as equally likely to go down as up.
Is the margin that larage. Scunthorpe were in League One this time last year and they look head and shoulders above us.
Have we got the players, manager, or the balls to play our way out of this spiral ?

It's a real possibility

It's a broken record , but we let too many players go in the Summer who are clearly better than what we replaced them with. The fact SD quoted the 100 pts bit, shows how horribly wrong they got it and that they are out of their depth with this level of football. Whether those Summer departures were down to Ross, the owners, the players or their agents, we will never know. Just like the bookies, people (inc the owners) will have been deluded that because you are the biggest club in the league, the signings will out perform other clubs new signings. I'm just trying to convince myself that the over all plan tonight was get 90 mins under your belts, don't get injured and if we get beat, so what. That is just me being deluded no doubt, and overlooking the fact that we are piss poor right now. From average to bad to worse.

A manager who plays a long ball game using a big lad. We only have slow midgets, now what was the logic behind his appointment, other than he was cheap.

Last edited:
Not this season. No parachute payments and our "better" players will be off at the end of the season. If a takeover hasn't gone through by next season then it'll be a lottery between about 12 teams like it usually is in this league. Could easily be in it

It’s relegation form. But I think relegation is abit OTT.
In the league he's won 2 and lost 2. That is not relegation form. It may not be play off form but its not relegation form at all - that form would result in 66 (or 69 last year) points which last leave us 8th - relegation would be less than 50 points . Last night was undoubtedly a new low but this thread is way OTT.

In the league he's won 2 and lost 2. That is not relegation form. It may not be play off form but its not relegation form at all - that form would result in 66 (or 69 last year) points which last leave us 8th - relegation would be less than 50 points . Last night was undoubtedly a new low but this thread is way OTT.
Are you dismissing the cup games?

When we played a full strength last night & a lot of first teamers against Gillingham & Leicester’s u21’s.

Back