Regarding the environment, are we fucked?

Fucked anyway. Global modern human civilisation isn't compatible with the scale of the changes necessary to negate the environmental collapse. It would take a concerted global war footing type change in financial markets, food supply chains and an about turn in human behaviour to prioritise nature instead of profit and the accumulation of wealth.
Fucked.

There is alot of shit reported mind.

When tho? I need a timescale for when we’re fucked...if it’s imminent I might as well stop putting money into my pension and invest it all in hookers and blow.
Next 30-40 years will steadily ramp up the pressure, from then on to the end of the century all bets are off. Humanity won't go down without a fight, unfortunately we'll be fighting each other as usual.

Fucked anyway. Global modern human civilisation isn't compatible with the scale of the changes necessary to negate the environmental collapse. It would take a concerted global war footing type change in financial markets, food supply chains and an about turn in human behaviour to prioritise nature instead of profit and the accumulation of wealth.
Fucked.

This

There is alot of shit reported mind.
Undoubtedly, the same as in anything else. The trend seems to be though that the more we discover, the worse we realise the situation is. I'm no doom and gloom merchant, more optimistic than pessimistic usually but there's a definite pattern developing and it's accelerating faster than anyone predicted. Humans will survive, as will the planet itself, there'll just be a bit turbulence.

I think things probably won’t turn out the way we necessarily think:

Global cooling - Wikipedia

There’s no doubt though that we’re currently having a fantastic go at hastening our own demise. I just hope the younger generations are soon able to mobilise in a way that can affect change before it really is too late.
Yes .. the younger generation who thought that Armageddon was here when Faceybook and Instagram were out of action!

A mag climate change denier. Does it get any worse than that?

Also, a mag telling other people not to believe a narrative that's being pushed on the uninformed masses. Wow.
I'm certainly no climate change denier. The climate changes regularly over time.
That's not what I'm going against.
Also I'm not telling you or anyone else to believe anything or not to believe.
Every person is entitled to think and believe what they wish.

I have had a ponder. First thing in the morning the U.K. government should implement the following:

Office workers to be allowed to work from home, all meetings to be held via Skype only on Wednesdays.

All newbuild houses should have solar panels, communal wind turbine, hods of insulation, etc. Ground source thermal exchange thingies and leccy heaters instead of gas.

The elephant in the room is power generation. Can we do it all without nuclear? If we switch to non carbon power then we need to generate enough electricity to charge our Sinclair C5s.

Yeah, I do despair that too many seem more bothered with Love Island or being “influenced” on social media (WTF even is that?)

Maybe the aliens will step in when they see we’ve reached defcon 1 levels of vacuousness.
To be fair though, there are probably an equal amount of youngsters who do actually try to change things.

Undoubtedly, the same as in anything else. The trend seems to be though that the more we discover, the worse we realise the situation is. I'm no doom and gloom merchant, more optimistic than pessimistic usually but there's a definite pattern developing and it's accelerating faster than anyone predicted. Humans will survive, as will the planet itself, there'll just be a bit turbulence.
Will there be beer?

Back