Rees-Mogg takedown

That's from a while back. I remember reading it at the time. Excellent letter though.
Really? The bloke isn't a pacifist and I don't think Christians are anti wealthy people. I agree a lot of people cherry pick from their book of choice but Rees Mogg seems to be fairly consistent in his ethical stances.

Do any of the 'fumers' know that the eye of the needle is a gate into old Jerusalem? A man on a camel couldn't get through, hence 'rich man'.

Never understood why the American Republican right wing religious crew don't get tortured about their opinion on:

"tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

"WAIT, WHAT"!!!!

Logon or register to see this image

That's from a while back. I remember reading it at the time. Excellent letter though.
In fairness, its hardly the first time someone has been able to very-easily point out religious hypocrisy.

The utter joke of most religions is how people "just know" which bits to follow and which bits not to. But without the entire book, nobody could possibly have any natural morality :lol:

In fairness, its hardly the first time someone has been able to very-easily point out religious hypocrisy.

The utter joke of most religions is how people "just know" which bits to follow and which bits not to. But without the entire book, nobody could possibly have any natural morality :lol:
What is natural morality?

Its how you can read the bible, and know which bits are actually terrible and need to be ignored. Without needing, er, the bible to tell you what morality is. Which proves how the bible/gods are not the original source of morality.
What is natural about it?

Society also happened naturally.

Example, societies that freely murder don't do very well in the long term.

I don't think our society will do well in the long term and I'm sure our morals are there to fit circumstances. The morals you have are not "natural"

It's natural to protect your children from harm, it's natural to breath and find food but every moral you have has been shaped by the society you live in.

Back