Reece James leaving by all accounts.

In all seriousness if Oviedo is going I’d like to have kept James, pretty poor but solid enough and it just means we need to sign someone else

I can only think we have someone lined up

He didn’t let anyone down last year to be fair. But didn’t offer enough going forward

I personally think that was a big issue for us, at right back too

In all seriousness if Oviedo is going I’d like to have kept James, pretty poor but solid enough and it just means we need to sign someone else

He didn’t let anyone down last year to be fair. But didn’t offer enough going forward

depends how a team sets up-how attacking you want your full backs to be..JR certainly needed them to be because he played a bunchof holdingmidfielrs so the directness wasnt going to come from there..

Need someone who will be fit to play more. I’d like McGeouch to go for the same reason. It’s time we start to sign players who have less injuries.

If it greases the wheels for Marquis coming in I couldn’t care less. James was third choice ultimately.

Fault for Portsmouth goal in checkotrade final, as he did his usually wimpish stand and watch routine. Cried off injured after that. See ya, poor player.

Hume is a sick note at such young age so if Oviedo going then new left back needed and Hume can support.

Personally hope Oviedo stays.

Fault for Portsmouth goal in checkotrade final, as he did his usually wimpish stand and watch routine. Cried off injured after that. See ya, poor player.

Hume is a sick note at such young age so if Oviedo going then new left back needed and Hume can support.

Personally hope Oviedo stays.
There's lots to pick apart in your post when you talk about wimpish and go on to endorse Oviedo.
++ crying off injured.

Was James 3rd choice? Based on what?

Well, he can't be 1st or 2nd choice if he's rarely fit to start...

And we've flogged him minutes after he signed a new deal.

And Hume and Oviedo are still here.

So he was probably 3rd choice in the manager's eyes.

In all fairness, I've seen enough of James, Oviedo and Hume to say there's very little between them. Oviedo should look so much better than the other two at this level, mind. Very frustrating player.

Well, he can't be 1st or 2nd choice if he's rarely fit to start...

And we've flogged him minutes after he signed a new deal.

And Hume and Oviedo are still here.

So he was probably 3rd choice in the manager's eyes.

In all fairness, I've seen enough of James, Oviedo and Hume to say there's very little between them. Oviedo should look so much better than the other two at this level, mind. Very frustrating player.
He started more games than either of the other two last season.
If you are saying we can’t have a first choice that is injury prone that rules out Hume as well.
I think James is ok, probably the most reliable of the three from what I have seen.

If you are saying we can’t have a first choice that is injury prone that rules out Hume as well.
I think James is ok, probably the most reliable of the three from what I have seen.
we dont need three..no one will pay for oviedo due to his wages and injury record-that means one of hume or james must go..no one will pay for hme because he has done nowt in the game despute the howls of ourage on here about his contract..hume is younger so may be better-so of the three it makes sense to lose james..

For me, we don't need three left backs of very similar ability. As there's nothing particularly special about James, Hume should prove an able deputy to a good (not just reliable, steady away) left back that we prioritise signing this summer. Not a total overhaul, just shift Oviedo's wages, Hume continues to develop his overall play as the reserve left back, and Ross brings in an improvement, the right player for the role who we'll hopefully get 40 games out of.

As far as James goes, nothing against him, but we didn't exactly cry out for him when he was injured for a full half of a season and we just turned a (admittedly very small) profit on him. Thanks and goodbye.

For me, we don't need three left backs of very similar ability. As there's nothing particularly special about James, Hume should prove an able deputy to a good (not just reliable, steady away) left back that we prioritise signing this summer. Not a total overhaul, just shift Oviedo's wages, Hume continues to develop his overall play as the reserve left back, and Ross brings in an improvement, the right player for the role who we'll hopefully get 40 games out of.

As far as James goes, nothing against him, but we didn't exactly cry out for him when he was injured for a full half of a season and we just turned a (admittedly very small) profit on him. Thanks and goodbye.
I’m not too gutted he has gone really he was decent no more no less.
I am a bit concerned that it’s another new signing we need, could easily mean we have 3 new players in the back 4 all of which we need to sign, along with a back up keeper all just to stand still.

I’m not too gutted he has gone really he was decent no more no less.
I am a bit concerned that it’s another new signing we need, could easily mean we have 3 new players in the back 4 all of which we need to sign, along with a back up keeper all just to stand still.
do we need a new signing? if oviedo stays we have two-oif oveideo leaves-surely hume starts but we need a back up?

Need someone who will be fit to play more. I’d like McGeouch to go for the same reason. It’s time we start to sign players who have less injuries.
My nephew sent me a link to a football manager fan site on which it had a list of the 75 players NOT to sign as they’re the most injury prone in the game going off their past history. 8 of em out of ower 100,000 players were or have been at safc recently and cattermole wasn’t even one of em.
It’s at summit like sortitoutsi.com or similar.

Back