Red squirrels in Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LeadBelly86

Found a perfectly preserved dead red squirrel just outside of Backhouse Park today. Given their status as a perilously endangered species is there anyone to contact locally who it would concern? Or a meringue?

You sure it's a red squirrel? There haven't been any in Sunderland for years. Greys can have a lot of red fur, a real 'red squirrel' will be smaller with tufty ears.

Logon or register to see this image

You sure it's a red squirrel? There haven't been any in Sunderland for years. Greys can have a lot of red fur, a real 'red squirrel' will be smaller with tufty ears.

I'm drunk and confused can you explain futher?

Is that picture showing a red grey one you talk about?

EDIT: those are fuck off big ears, so i think i know now

EDIT AGAIN: Actually i dont know how big their ears are, so not sure if they're bigf or not???

Last edited:

Can't remember what the ears were like tbh.

I suppose if there were reds round here they'd already know about them. Oh well.

I'm drunk and confused can you explain futher?

Is that picture showing a red grey one you talk about?

EDIT: those are fuck off big ears, so i think i know now

That's a genuine red.

If the OP's squirrel is quite large and not brilliantly red, its probably a grey.

Fucker had me excited reds were back in Sunderland there! :evil:

Only ever seen a couple of reds and they were both way out in isolated countryside whereas greys will live almost anywhere as anyone whose been to Princes Street Gardens or Hyde Park will have seen.

That's a genuine red.

If the OP's squirrel is quite large and not brilliantly red, its probably a grey.

Fucker had me excited reds were back in Sunderland there! :evil:

It was predominantly red but not as bright as that in your pic when compared.

I'm sure anyone else would have thought the same.

It was more like the red in your pic.

Seen quite a few gray ones down there.

...if this info helps

I've seen loads of greys down there too, they're everywhere, which is why this red(ish)-(it looked red to me) one stuck out like a sore thumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back