Red flares (Not Methvens) at the match today.

He keeps ignoring this :)

Will Coventry bother with the distinction though? It gives them an excuse to do the same, even if the events aren't equivalent. At the end of the day, if a club wants to, it can use even the letting off of a single smoke bomb as a reason to reduce an allocation. Most won't - they'd rather have our money, But we know there are two in particular just itching for any reason.

Will Coventry bother with the distinction though? It gives them an excuse to do the same, even if the events aren't equivalent. At the end of the day, if a club wants to, it can use even the letting off of a single smoke bomb as a reason to reduce an allocation. Most won't - they'd rather have our money, But we know there are two in particular just itching for any reason.
Yup spot on!

I don’t do many away days as I travel all week with work, so no difference to me. But if it effects our fans through numbers getting reduced or people being injured, I do care about it.
I also care about the reputation of our fans.
Take a read of the thread on sniffer dogs... the direct consequence of people taking pyro into stadiums. Waste of resource to counter act selfish activity.
If you love smoke bombs and flares so much, set it off and hold it through out. Clearly you won’t mind being arrested and taking flack from fans who are effected by smoke around you.

Haway man taking time to type and edit this HSE post- your job has taken your soul

OP clearly says flares. They’re clearly not. That’s my point.

It would make a difference if it actually was a flare and it set you on f***ing fire.

I’ve got asthma like, and I don’t think a bit of red smoke would have upset me in any way .
I've got chronic asthma and I'm outraged at the outrage about it.
Looks mint tbf and we are long overdue some celebrations .
About a thousand people a year die from falling down the stairs but we don't ban those or get outraged about using them

I've got chronic asthma and I'm outraged at the outrage about it.
Looks mint tbf and we are long overdue some celebrations .
About a thousand people a year die from falling down the stairs but we don't ban those or get outraged about using them

Your analogy is flawed, this is the equivalent of being pushed down the stairs
Some 'fans' are hilarious here. Imagine being offended on behalf of some people at the game who might have asthma 😂. Get a life. If we ever get into europe there will be hell on. Away days where nobody buys a ticket because of pyro possibly setting off someone else's asthma.

The same people that think smoke bombs are flares.

You really should read the article in the post above yours. Then reflect

Last edited:
What bus were you on yesterday?

Nah was genuinely asking if there was any asthma attacks yesterday as people like yourself seem adamant they happen every time a smoke bomb is let off.

I was right behind lad who flung it and the grass as I've said....I am on long term sick with among other things serious respiratory problems..I was fine and am fine today.was more out of breath running my bath last night
. Hope none of the players have asthma

Last edited:
No, you think it's wrong, many don't think it's wrong, as evidenced by this thread. What you meant to post was "in my opinion you're wrong", not just "wrong". What I posted wasn't right or wrong, it was an opinion, one also held by a lot of others.
You've got me mixed up marra. I was the one making a smartarse response to your post, not the one your post was replying to. FWIW I think that encouraging folk to break the law at football matches isn't a good idea and hoying smoke bombs reflects badly on the club

You've got me mixed up marra. I was the one making a smartarse response to your post, not the one your post was replying to. FWIW I think that encouraging folk to break the law at football matches isn't a good idea and hoying smoke bombs reflects badly on the club

Going to be honest mate, I can't remember posting about any of this, just had a read back to see what the fuck I'd been posting about yesterday, so I'm not surprised that I got mixed up and didn't know who I was replying to :lol: Apologies anyway!

What has driving past a school got to with chucking a smoke bomb onto a football pitch? :confused:

You didn't answer my question
🙄 No matter how hard one tries , sometimes it is impossible to get through to some people.Immune to their own ignorance/naivety.

Back