Red Dead 2 - No Spoilers

It was a big disappointment me for me like, it looks amazing but it's all a bit clunky and the story was just they have to keep running from one place to another as they keep getting into trouble. Oh and far too much riding from place to place on horse back.
too much riding on horse back in a western....

It was a big disappointment me for me like, it looks amazing but it's all a bit clunky and the story was just they have to keep running from one place to another as they keep getting into trouble. Oh and far too much riding from place to place on horse back.
The thing that irritated me more than anything else was Dutch. How does someone that stupid manage to lead a gang of outlaws AND survive through the game? At times it felt like the keystone cops with some of the stupidity. Going through it the second time I found myself staying away from the camp, doing side missions and grinding through other stuff rather than the story line. Oh and I tried to just shoot the spluttering bastard that gives you TB but the game wouldn't let me...

The thing that irritated me more than anything else was Dutch. How does someone that stupid manage to lead a gang of outlaws AND survive through the game? At times it felt like the keystone cops with some of the stupidity. Going through it the second time I found myself staying away from the camp, doing side missions and grinding through other stuff rather than the story line. Oh and I tried to just shoot the spluttering bastard that gives you TB but the game wouldn't let me...
Nice no spoiler post there mate ;)

Started this again after failing to get into it first time around. Enjoying it a bit more this time but its still not really clicking with me, I think a lot of it is down to just how damn slowly Arthur moves around, does it stay like this for the whole game? Just feel like giving him a kick up the arse and tell him to get moving.

Started this again after failing to get into it first time around. Enjoying it a bit more this time but its still not really clicking with me, I think a lot of it is down to just how damn slowly Arthur moves around, does it stay like this for the whole game? Just feel like giving him a kick up the arse and tell him to get moving.

I think I was exact same as you. Game just felt too big and you couldnt get anywhere fast. Might try again.

Late to the game I know it am loving this now, couldn’t get into it first time round but just taking it slowly this time checking stuff out. It’s amazing.

any tips of things to do early on?

Late to the game I know it am loving this now, couldn’t get into it first time round but just taking it slowly this time checking stuff out. It’s amazing.

any tips of things to do early on?
The Gold Bar hunt is a decent one to start out with. Gets your cash up quickly.

Have to admit how irritating it is that this career gangster doesn't have access to any weapon he wants and has to work his way up to the better guns.

Almost finished this now, just the epilogue to go. Anyone go back and play the first one after finishing this? Kinda fancy doing it just wonder does it hold up at all.

If you’ve never played the first one then I’d highly recommend it. It’s a fantastic game in its own right.
I played it way back when. Loved it. Was gonna sign up to ps now to play it again but I’ve a US pan account and it’s a total fuck on to get signed up to it with that.
Plus LOU2 is out next week 🤗

Finished this recently, and there was a lot I liked about Arthur and the gang. Especially the shift in dynamic towards the end.

It's a fine game. Yet it still feels less than RDR1 and I can't put my finger on why.

Having finished the game I really think the last part of the game was a drag. Repetitive, dull and very little new ideas by that point. I didn’t even bother with epilogue. Early part of the game definitely worth it but loses its way after a while and introduces characters I didn’t care about.

Having finished the game I really think the last part of the game was a drag. Repetitive, dull and very little new ideas by that point. I didn’t even bother with epilogue. Early part of the game definitely worth it but loses its way after a while and introduces characters I didn’t care about.
This was my thoughts. Couldn't wait for it to be over and the ending had no impact on me as I just couldn't be bothered to care anymore. I ended up waiting a couple of months then played through the epilogue and really enjoyed it though so I wouldn't delete it too soon!

This was my thoughts. Couldn't wait for it to be over and the ending had no impact on me as I just couldn't be bothered to care anymore. I ended up waiting a couple of months then played through the epilogue and really enjoyed it though so I wouldn't delete it too soon!

Already deleted to make way for Warzone 😂.

But at your recommendation I may reinstall it at one point. I enjoyed the first part I don’t want it to tarnish my memory of it. It’s a good game no doubt but by the end it was just a bit meh.

Back