Red Dead 2 - No Spoilers

Nope. I can understand why some people may not enjoy them, but they’re still better than most games at their best. Same with the taming horses and rounding up cows in the original. They’re there to explain a game mechanic, like a training level. If you don’t like it then that’s fair enough, nothing I say will help, but to dismiss them as shit isn’t particularly useful. But I get that it is your thing on here - “*insert popular thing* is shit”

It did for me, I think I just preferred the song in this one (if we’re talking about the same thing....the ride back from Annesburg when you’ve escaped Guarma). Also, the song right at the end when you know the character fate and he’s just slowly riding to camp got me right in the feels!

Yeah, same one, I agree in the sense that it's probably what song you prefer but imo it just felt that they were just repeating the same thing they'd done before. First time was unexpected and poignant as you were going to an unknown land and the song was more emotional and apt........this was just coming back from a weird holiday back to the same old shitty camp house where you had to go all the way upstairs to get your supplies :neutral: "Oh not this shitty house again" and "Ah fuck, I forgot to observe and skin every animal in Guarma..."

Last edited:

It seems I’m offending you personally by not liking this game. What a strange person you are.
Yeah. I’m fuming hun.

As I’ve said, I have no issue with you not liking this game, but I disagree with your assertion that it is shit. You don’t like it. That’s fair. That doesn’t make it shit, that just means that you don’t like it.

Keep pushing, I reckon 2 more replies and you can claim I’ve had a mare, or a meltdown.

Yeah. I’m fuming hun.

As I’ve said, I have no issue with you not liking this game, but I disagree with your assertion that it is shit. You don’t like it. That’s fair. That doesn’t make it shit, that just means that you don’t like it.

Keep pushing, I reckon 2 more replies and you can claim I’ve had a mare, or a meltdown.
You had some kind of meltdown with your first reply. This is beyond silly now.

Yeah. I’m fuming hun.

He can say it’s shit if he wants to say it’s shit.

I was really disappointed by it, not a lot in there for me. Played it about 3 times then switched to battlefield. I wouldn’t go so far as saying it’s shit, but I think it’s massively, massively overrated and overhyped.

He can say it’s shit if he wants to say it’s shit.

I was really disappointed by it, not a lot in there for me. Played it about 3 times then switched to battlefield. I wouldn’t go so far as saying it’s shit, but I think it’s massively, massively overrated and overhyped.

He can say its shit but that doesnt mean it is. In his opinion its not very good and that's fair enough but it's clearly highly regarded by the vast majority.

People these days are far too quick to just dismiss something as being shit or without value because they don't like it. There are plenty of games/films/books/albums that I'm not a fan of but can still appreciate they have quality and appeal to others.

He can say its shit but that doesnt mean it is. In his opinion its not very good and that's fair enough but it's clearly highly regarded by the vast majority.

People these days are far too quick to just dismiss something as being shit or without value because they don't like it. There are plenty of games/films/books/albums that I'm not a fan of but can still appreciate they have quality and appeal to others.

In continuation of that. The poster in question is well known for taking the polar opposite view of the majority. Whether that's to be edgy or something, I've no idea.

Having recently finished this, my main criticism would be how easy it was. I felt you were led to much on how to do, what to do, where to go, etc. Sometimes I like to have to figure some shit out by myself.

Other than that, a truly enjoyable game. Really grew to love Arthur too! One of the best characters I’ve played as.

I played the whole game on the same horse. That tiny Palamino/Morgan one which cost me $15 at the start. I proper welled up at the end when she was killed in the cut scene and Arthur bent down to stroke her one last time. Ffs. Devastated!

Having recently finished this, my main criticism would be how easy it was. I felt you were led to much on how to do, what to do, where to go, etc. Sometimes I like to have to figure some shit out by myself.

Other than that, a truly enjoyable game. Really grew to love Arthur too! One of the best characters I’ve played as.

I played the whole game on the same horse. That tiny Palamino/Morgan one which cost me $15 at the start. I proper welled up at the end when she was killed in the cut scene and Arthur bent down to stroke her one last time. Ffs. Devastated!

Funnily enough that ending only happens if you have a high bond with the hoss.

(I didn't get it....)

I was more upset about the hoss dying than Arthur tbh.

Anyone managed to 100% it?

I'm up to 95% and it's a proper grind.

I'm still working on the Tropics and Hunting Requests. Can I hell find a perfect chipmunk or opossum. Only finished 3/10 challenge strands as well. They're f***ing hard

Back