Red Dead 2 - No Spoilers

Was planning on trying to platinum this but just seen the Gold Rush trophy :D

Actually wasn't bothered by this one as I thought it'd be quite fun to play them again....second one I tried (the one with the wolves after saving John) did it four times and it didn't bother giving me the gold. So fuck it. On the plus side it means I don't have to bother with the tedious online trophies or studying every single animal.

God damn can't play for more than 20 minutes without admiring the scenery and then the screaming cowboy song gets stuck in my head

Does this ever get good. Few hours in now and just riding from one place to another. Zzzzzz
No. It’s shit. Ignore the mainly positive reviews and the fact that it’s the highest rated PS4 game on metacritic. The few people who are calling it awful are in no way just being controversial, they are, in fact, objectively correct in their brief dismissal of this shallow, superficial game.

I mean, it’s not like you to declare that something generally regarded as decent is, in actuality, shit. It’s not like it’s your whole SMB schtick, or something.

No. It’s shit. Ignore the mainly positive reviews and the fact that it’s the highest rated PS4 game on metacritic. The few people who are calling it awful are in no way just being controversial, they are, in fact, objectively correct in their brief dismissal of this shallow, superficial game.

I mean, it’s not like you to declare that something generally regarded as decent is, in actuality, shit. It’s not like it’s your whole SMB schtick, or something.

:lol:

I was a bit underwhelmed with it like

Sorry my opinion doesn’t fall in with your weird view of the world. I’ve played for a good 3 hours and it’s so far not even as good as the original. Literally nothing exciting happened.

If you aren't enjoying it early on then you never will (as, imo, it starts to get a bit samey and laborious...especially if you do the challenges.)

Last edited:
Sorry my opinion doesn’t fall in with your weird view of the world. I’ve played for a good 3 hours and it’s so far not even as good as the original. Literally nothing exciting happened.
3 hours :lol: barely scratched the surface yet man.

If you aren't enjoying it early on then you never will (as, imo, it starts to get a bit samey and laborious...especially if you do the challenges.)
The story doesn't start to pick up until towards the end of chapter 2 then takes off in chapter 3 imo.

3 hours :lol: barely scratched the surface yet man.

The story doesn't start to pick up until the end of chapter 2 then takes off in chapter 3 imo.

If he's bored of riding around on the horse already...he's going to get really sick of it and pretty quickly as that's basically 90% of the gameplay.

Last edited:
Apology accepted. I’d say don’t do it again, but you undoubtedly will.

If you don’t like it after 3 hours then I doubt you’ll ever like it. This doesn’t mean it isn’t good, it means you don’t like it. Personally I loved it, I thought the early hours were a bit of a slog, and the horse riding everywhere can get a bit old, but sometimes it’s used fantastically to create atmosphere, and there’s a bit that even exceeded the ride into Mexico from the first game, when you are riding back to your camp and there is a song that lasts the journey and really made me love the game (that happens a few times tbh). Of course there’s stuff that can be criticised, but as a whole I felt the good far exceeded the bad.

If you don’t like it after 3 hours then I doubt you’ll ever like it. This doesn’t mean it isn’t good, it means you don’t like it. Personally I loved it, I thought the early hours were a bit of a slog, and the horse riding everywhere can get a bit old, but sometimes it’s used fantastically to create atmosphere, and there’s a bit that even exceeded the ride into Mexico from the first game, when you are riding back to your camp and there is a song that lasts the journey and really made me love the game (that happens a few times tbh). Of course there’s stuff that can be criticised, but as a whole I felt the good far exceeded the bad.
So you admit the opening hours are shit. Cheers.

I did enjoy that...but na, it didn't beat the Jose Gonzales bit in the sequel, that was truly epic. A top ten gaming moment.

So you admit the opening hours are shit. Cheers.
Nope. I can understand why some people may not enjoy them, but they’re still better than most games at their best. Same with the taming horses and rounding up cows in the original. They’re there to explain a game mechanic, like a training level. If you don’t like it then that’s fair enough, nothing I say will help, but to dismiss them as shit isn’t particularly useful. But I get that it is your thing on here - “*insert popular thing* is shit”

I did enjoy that...but na, it didn't beat the Jose Gonzales bit in the sequel, that was truly epic. A top ten gaming moment.
It did for me, I think I just preferred the song in this one (if we’re talking about the same thing....the ride back from Annesburg when you’ve escaped Guarma). Also, the song right at the end when you know the character fate and he’s just slowly riding to camp got me right in the feels!

Last edited:
Nope. I can understand why some people may not enjoy them, but they’re still better than most games at their best. Same with the taming horses and rounding up cows in the original. They’re there to explain a game mechanic, like a training level. If you don’t like it then that’s fair enough, nothing I say will help, but to dismiss them as shit isn’t particularly useful. But I get that it is your thing on here - “*insert popular thing* is shit”

It did for me, I think I just preferred the song in this one (if we’re talking about the same thing....the ride back from Annesburg when you’ve escaped Guarma). Also, the song right at the end when you know the character fate and he’s just slowly riding to camp got me right in the feels!
It seems I’m offending you personally by not liking this game. What a strange person you are.

Back