Red Dead 2 - No Spoilers

It might well be but IGN aren't a great source. If they've incorporated RPG elements then it could be massive. There's no reason to continue playing GTA after the story, if they've change that then fair play
IGN are a poor source, I agree. But yes, there are a ton of RPG elements added to this game apparently.

Good twitter thread from someone who has played the first 5 hours of the game :cool:

Twitter

IGN are a poor source, I agree. But yes, there are a ton of RPG elements added to this game apparently.

Good twitter thread from someone who has played the first 5 hours of the game :cool:

Twitter
@UTW

Last edited:

Twitter

@UTW
Someone asking if it was like The Witcher 3...

“Kind of. The Witcher 3 definitely has more RPG elements like skill trees, leveling, etc. But the attention to detail and gorgeous world reminded me of the witcher”

Someone asking if it was like The Witcher 3...

“Kind of. The Witcher 3 definitely has more RPG elements like skill trees, leveling, etc. But the attention to detail and gorgeous world reminded me of the witcher”
Exactly. This will be more RPG like than people think. It’s not another GTA..

Btw, love this:

“During our most recent hands-on session with Red Dead Redemption 2, we were traveling leisurely down a dirt path that led to a crossroads. There, we encountered an older gentleman on the side of the road affixing a horseshoe to his horse. As we passed him, the game presented several different interaction prompts, giving us the option to Callout or Antagonize him. We chose to greet him, and in return, he stopped what he was doing and greeted us back.

However, our casual interaction had a completely unintended result. As he was returning our greeting, his horse was suddenly spooked and kicked the old man in the head, killing him instantly. The horse then ran away down the path as we went over to inspect the man's body. Even when Arthur Morgan has the best of intentions, it seems interacting with strangers can turn deadly.”

:lol:

Btw, love this:

“During our most recent hands-on session with Red Dead Redemption 2, we were traveling leisurely down a dirt path that led to a crossroads. There, we encountered an older gentleman on the side of the road affixing a horseshoe to his horse. As we passed him, the game presented several different interaction prompts, giving us the option to Callout or Antagonize him. We chose to greet him, and in return, he stopped what he was doing and greeted us back.

However, our casual interaction had a completely unintended result. As he was returning our greeting, his horse was suddenly spooked and kicked the old man in the head, killing him instantly. The horse then ran away down the path as we went over to inspect the man's body. Even when Arthur Morgan has the best of intentions, it seems interacting with strangers can turn deadly.”

Btw, love this:

Class that. :lol:

"Rockstar has given fans what they really want in Red Dead Redemption 2: horse balls. Fans have marvelled over the inclusion of ever more realistic looking horse anuses for years and Rockstar has taken it a step further this time with horse balls that will shrink in the cold and have a generous swing about them – exactly what you need in a next-gen gaming experience on this scale.

Red Dead Redemption 2: gameplay, horse balls, hunting, customisation, Red Dead Online and more - VG247"

:eek:

Class that. :lol:

"Rockstar has given fans what they really want in Red Dead Redemption 2: horse balls. Fans have marvelled over the inclusion of ever more realistic looking horse anuses for years and Rockstar has taken it a step further this time with horse balls that will shrink in the cold and have a generous swing about them – exactly what you need in a next-gen gaming experience on this scale.

Red Dead Redemption 2: gameplay, horse balls, hunting, customisation, Red Dead Online and more - VG247"

:eek:
Class :lol:

On another note, the wildlife ecosystem sounds insane. Even down to masking your scent with wind direction. Mental.

Class :lol:

On another note, the wildlife ecosystem sounds insane. Even down to masking your scent with wind direction. Mental.

The crafting/ cooking system is really in-depth as well apparently. From what you use to kill the animal to how you butcher it and how long the meat has been on your horse/person. The herbs and spices you add to it along with vegetables. Can't remember which gaming channel it was but they likened it to Breath of the Wild but even more in-depth.

The whole game sounds like it's going to be a massive time sink........ which is class!

I hope getting away from them bastard bears is a bit easier then. Fuckin' vicious fuckers on the last one. :lol:

Stay well clear in the winter by the sounds of it. Absolutely radged to fuck and hungry.

The crafting/ cooking system is really in-depth as well apparently. From what you use to kill the animal to how you butcher it and how long the meat has been on your horse/person. The herbs and spices you add to it along with vegetables. Can't remember which gaming channel it was but they likened it to Breath of the Wild but even more in-depth.

The whole game sounds like it's going to be a massive time sink........ which is class!

Stay well clear in the winter by the sounds of it. Absolutely radged to fuck and hungry.
Some of that might be gannin' a bit far like. San Andreas was class, but fuckin' about gannin' to Cluckin' Bell wasn't half a pain in the arse.

Some of that might be gannin' a bit far like. San Andreas was class, but fuckin' about gannin' to Cluckin' Bell wasn't half a pain in the arse.
Good point that. Starts off being a canny little addition, but just becomes tedious in the end. See fallout and the building thing as well, although i spent hours on that.

My excitement level has gone past fallout level like. Gutted we are at home on the 27th.

One of the reviewers said the eating system didn’t feel repetitive/tiresome which is positive.

Good point that. Starts off being a canny little addition, but just becomes tedious in the end. See fallout and the building thing as well, although i spent hours on that.

My excitement level has gone past fallout level like. Gutted we are at home on the 27th.
Please see above, hopefully it will add to the game rather than detract from the experience.

I’ve booked off 26th and 29th from work and I’m not moving unless it’s for food or to shit.

One of the reviewers said the eating system didn’t feel repetitive/tiresome which is positive.

Please see above, hopefully it will add to the game rather than detract from the experience.

I’ve booked off 26th and 29th from work and I’m not moving unless it’s for food or to shit.

I've booked 29th and 30th off as the postman doesn't come until 2/3pm so I'm getting my lass to install it for when his lordship comes home. Trained well so she is.

I've booked 29th and 30th off as the postman doesn't come until 2/3pm so I'm getting my lass to install it for when his lordship comes home. Trained well so she is.
Collecting mine from Game at the midnight release. Install overnight, ready to play in the morning.

CANT. f***ing.WAIT.

Sounds like another game I'll play for a week then never play again :(

Collecting mine from Game at the midnight release. Install overnight, ready to play in the morning.

CANT. f***ing.WAIT.

Geek

Back