Red card / yellow card / foul / no foul?

• Thread starter Deleted member 43869
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 43869

Great test case tackle for deciding what the laws should be.

What are your thoughts?

For me it's a red. It depends on what constitutes a reasonable degree of risk. It's highly likely the recipient will be badly injured. How would you legislate for this type of 'man and ball' challenge?

Agree. Red. He's got Richarlison on the touchline, he's going nowhere. Just stand him up. To tackle him and commit to a follow through is reckless and unnecessary

If both had a run at the ball I'd probably leave it. Richarlison is a sitting duck receiving the ball. He can't defend himself as he's focused on receiving the ball.

Yellow for me. He goes after the ball which he gets but equally his follow through is a clear foul on Richarlison. The fouls is bad and would have been red but for the fact he got the ball first.

Agree. Red. He's got Richarlison on the touchline, he's going nowhere. Just stand him up. To tackle him and commit to a follow through is reckless and unnecessary
This! Some people still think it's the 80's 🤪 It's not whether Tarkowski gets close to the ball amd barely touched the opponent, it's how the tackle is done and this is wreckless as another fraction of a second come mean serious injury.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited by a moderator:
If both had a run at the ball I'd probably leave it. Richarlison is a sitting duck receiving the ball. He can't defend himself as he's focused on receiving the ball.
Exactly. I grew up watching Kevin Ball and John Kay, I loved them. When I played I used to thunder into tackles. 10 years after I last kicked a ball I've still got scars all over my shins but that tackle is meant to put one on him.
It's so much easier to jockey him down the line. Its like a last ditch lunge when a player has a shooting opportunity. It just seems odd to do that when he's on the touchline

It's a poorly mistimed tackle. It's a yellow and a free kick, I don't think many would begrudge a red card based on the old rules, but to not even give a free kick is a joke.

Yet again, our referees seem to be taking changes that have been made to the absolute extreme and "letting the game flow" has so far resulted in a number of bad fouls going unchecked. I didn't mind it before, we knew where we stood to a degree, now it just seems the match is being controlled purely by the whims of the refs and they're letting players get away with far too much.

Last edited:

Back