Red Bull

Therefore if an English team made it to that point there would also be a review as to whether they could break the rule, and given that it’s already happened once they are less likely to grant a second exemption to the same company, and the big teams in our league were disadvantaged you can bet your life they’d be less gracious and appeal. Thanks for proving my point

Guess that's one view and I agree that you could easily see teams in England being unhappy about it but just because teams appeal doesn't mean they would be successful....wouldn't mind testing it out though

".....If they expand into England ".
They have been wrongly connected with so many UK clubs in the past few years their response is what is called being "polite".

Why damage sales by saying "You are joking ..We have no interest whatsoever in SAFC." ?

Last edited:
Unfortunately I think it’s because the stadium isn’t full to start with then when people leave early it looks worse. It happens at every club especially ones where they are getting humped every week like we did in the prem/champo
I think there’s something about the angle of the cameras too - maybe they’re relatively low compared to other grounds, which means that they catch more of the stand in the background than some other grounds. Just a thought.

Also, why we don’t ‘blank out’ some higher blocks for match day sales only with a sponsor/fan tarpaulin to virtually make the capacity flexible is beyond me.

".....If they expand into England ".
They have been wrongly connected with so many UK clubs in the past few years their response is what is called being "polite".

Why damage sales by saying "You are joking ..We have no interest whatsoever in SAFC." ?
With all due respect Im not sure a multi million if not billion business would worry about damaged sales in Sunderland.

With all due respect Im not sure a multi million if not billion business would worry about damaged sales in Sunderland.
It's how they get to be billion dollar multi nationals . It's attention to detail. Look at how McDonalds inflicted millions of pounds of damage upon itself by taking on issues that they thought were of no interest to anyone other than those who were directly involved but nevertheless matters for even them got out of hand.

By not offending anyone if you don't have to can save even the biggest company millions and the smartest of them are wise to it.

It's how they get to be billion dollar multi nationals . It's attention to detail. Look at how McDonalds inflicted millions of pounds of damage upon itself by taking on issues that they thought were of no interest to anyone other than those who were directly involved but nevertheless matters for even them got out of hand.

By not offending anyone if you don't have to can save even the biggest company millions and the smartest of them are wise to it.
Who knows mate.

We need investment to get back to the premier league thats for sure and the owners are supposedly looking for it. Red Bull said they may be interested in a Div3 club. Nobody appears to have denied it.

Its either happening or its not.

Probably not.

Last edited:
I'd get with the times and enjoy us competing at the top. It's no different to a billionaire buying us and most stadium names and rights etc will be sold off I am sure by 2030 in any case. It would still be Sunderland.

Who knows mate.

We need investment to get back to the premier league thats for sure and the owners are supposedly looking for it. Red Bull said they may be interested in a Div3 club. Nobody appears to have denied it.

Its either happening or its not.

Probably not.

We’re a million miles away from the premier league ,
I want to be back in the championship and looking at the teams in there we’ve some way to go to be able to compete,

We flattered to deceive in the Premiership, especially when Short started to lose the plot , hopefully the last of the players responsible for the failure on the pitch will be gone soon.

Would be over the moon if Red Bull bought the club.

We have everything in place, the ground, the academy & the fanbase.

The Premier League is the best league in the world and it is where the money is at. Red Bull have done very well with their other clubs from what I can gather. There would most likely be controversy along the way such as name change, a new badge etc. but we'd be in such a healthy position and it would still be our club.

Would be over the moon if Red Bull bought the club.

We have everything in place, the ground, the academy & the fanbase.

The Premier League is the best league in the world and it is where the money is at. Red Bull have done very well with their other clubs from what I can gather. There would most likely be controversy along the way such as name change, a new badge etc. but we'd be in such a healthy position and it would still be our club.

We can but dream.

Instead we’re stuck in League one with a “sell before you buy” policy

We can but dream.

Instead we’re stuck in League one with a “sell before you buy” policy

Agreed unfortunately

In our current predicament we are a million miles away from returning to the Premier League. We might have been absolute dross for at least half of our stay last time around but it is where we need to be.

Red Bull would get us there and they would do it properly. If we became RB Sunderland with the standard Red Bull badge, playing at the Red Bull Arena then so fuck! We'd still be Sunderland.

I want to see my team playing good football, competing and to hopefully win something. With the size of our club and potential I wouldn't think Donald would be wanting an extortionate amount to sell. We'd be a bargain.

Back