Recovery time from Plantar Fasciitis

Ok so this is not getting any better. Fine in trainers, terrible in work boots. I’m not happy they diagnosed it without an
x ray or anything though. Do you need special insoles from a foot doctor or can you just buy them?

I got told a good stretch for plantar, worth a go. Put foot against the back of a stair with your toes pointing up, foot flat then try n push your knee forward stretching calf and sole of foot. Hurts but worth persevering.

Ok so this is not getting any better. Fine in trainers, terrible in work boots. I’m not happy they diagnosed it without an
x ray or anything though. Do you need special insoles from a foot doctor or can you just buy them?
I use these things. Worth a go for a couple of quid.

Couldn’t stand on my foot Sunday morning. These absolutely knack to start with but after a couple of hours I was fine.

Nine months in my case in 2010, with physio at it for most of that period. It came on while I was on holiday in Israel.

It cleared up literally two weeks before the Great North Run. Due to other fitness work I'd been doing while I had Plantar Faciitis, I actually turned in a very respectable time that year.

I had it once in my right foot. It lasted about six weeks.
I couldn’t wear any of my normal shoes or walk barefooted, but could walk easily in my Birkenstock sandals. I think the shaped insole took the pressure off my heel.
So something similar or a pre formed insole could help
It would have been better if I had had it over the summer though!

Back