Record Store Day

If anyone is interested here’s this year’s list

Some class releases. From Release one I'll be picking up The Thrills and The Vines albums.
To keep or to sell immediately?

I normally go with a squad who grab a load of good stuff then all go to the pub and sell it all on eBay for good profit.

Not last year of course but I have seen them make hundreds first hand.

I normally go with a squad who grab a load of good stuff then all go to the pub and sell it all on eBay for good profit.

To keep. Never sold a record in me life. Still got all my old tapes and CDs, let alone records.
Which ones have you made the best profit on? The megastars or the more niche artists?

I am the same as you I have masses of vinyl and have never sold one, my vinyl now is too big to count but is still in reasonable alpha order- I have it circling a room on the floor.

My cds fill one wall in racks but my lass plays them and they are not in any order, just thinking about trying to sort them gives me a headache so I just use Spotify but I still like to buy a bands albums I think it’s the right thing to do.

supporting record shops, right there :rolleyes: and one of the reasons why my business, will never get involved in it

RSD is a weird mixture of genuine record collectors and those who will play the records at home and who visit record shops, throughout the year - helping to keep them open, and vultures who you'll only see once a year and who pull strokes like the ones highlighted

here's hoping the engelbert humpledink box set is in high demand
Always find the people that work in these stores to be miserable hipster tossers
lose the "hipster" bit and you've described me, to a letter.

Last edited:
I remember been offered a pretty crazy price for a rare blur 7” I got on RSD but turned it down

Some people just look at what there think may be of value to buy , I imagine the U2 fire rerelease will be on that list

supporting record shops, right there :rolleyes: and one of the reasons why my business, will never get involved in it

RSD is a weird mixture of genuine record collectors and those who will play the records at home and who visit record shops, throughout the year - helping to keep them open, and vultures who you'll only see once a year and who pull strokes like the ones highlighted

here's hoping the engelbert humpledink box set is in high demand

lose the "hipster" bit and you've described me, to a letter.
Totally agree mate I still buy vinyl and cds from record shops I do listen to online music but if I like something I want to have the product I’m old school I love gatefold sleeves and read every word I get quite annoyed by people flogging stuff on RSD but kept me gob shut as it’s this groups culture.

We will miss record shops when they are gone and we only have amazon

Remember RSD one year queing sat morning and his wife was giving out home made cakes up and down the queue .
Is it this Sat ? and how will it work with covid rules?

Back