Recommend me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nowhereboy

A Gym.

Coming up to the end of my subscription with Virgin Active (Formerly the Health and Racquet ) and pay £40 a month. They are going through a whole gym refurbishment soon and wondering where other lads on here might train and if they would recommend they're gym and what prices you pay? :-D

cheers in advance lads.

Elite at suddick. £125 a year, train as much as you want

Cheap but it's canny shite. Things like the BB in the squat rack being permanently bent and having one of those foam protecror things stuck to it.

Titus said:
Cheap but it's canny shite. Things like the BB in the squat rack being permanently bent and having one of those foam protecror things stuck to it.

Love it there, i train just after the school run and I've mostly got the place to myself

You can't really go wrong with using the Sunderland wellness gyms. I think one of the benefits of your season card this year is half price gym membership aswell so you could get access to all their gyms plus the aquatics centre swimming baths and classes for less than £20 a month.

Dangly Ham said:
You can't really go wrong with using the Sunderland wellness gyms. I think one of the benefits of your season card this year is half price gym membership aswell so you could get access to all their gyms plus the aquatics centre swimming baths and classes for less than £20 a month.

Except for students, the unemployed & NHS referrals who've paid less than a quarter of the price you have clogging up the machines :angry:

Except for students, the unemployed & NHS referrals who've paid less than a quarter of the price you have clogging up the machines :angry:

Well, there is that. Usually the fat messes keep away from the weights though so you get good use out of them with little hassle.

Bump

Virgin Active up Doxford park have had a major re fit. Mate of mine who is a salesman reckons they've spent just under a million pound on a refurbishment of the gym. I'm going up later this afternoon so if anyone is after a new gym I'll give a update anyway.

Cardio section is taking nice shape with this techno gym stuff. With the big TV's in the treadmill and such. my mate reckons the free weight stuff is coming in tonight and tomorrow apparently.

This gym is now brilliant, speaking to some lads who have been to the wellness centres reckon the equipment is an upgrade on what they have.

Massive free weights section and resistance machines.

Mate who is a salesman reckons they are going on the SAFC rewards scheme. Free 7 day trial membership so look out for that people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back