Recommend me some PC games

World of Warships.

It's free to play but you can spend real money, if you want, for certain extras ingame. Those extras aren't essential at all, and I played it for over a year without spending a penny. I've chucked a few quid in now a few times, as I felt they deserved some of my money considering how much time I'd spent playing it.

Quality game, absolutely beautiful to look at, and reassuringly complicated physics underlying the whole thing.

From the company that made World Of Tanks. But loads better. :)

Gris. Simple to play, looks absolutely gorgeous.

Enter the Gungeon
Dead Cells
The Messenger

Get yourself an Epic Games account. They do a free game a week, I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
What type? Same as the ps4?
Anything really, got loads of ps4 games might pick up a few for pc that I didn't get on ps4 like assassins creed origins, new star wars one etc.

Doubt I'll be re buying games I own already unless it's going to be loads better on pc.

Is there any pc exclusive (is that even a thing) or x box games that's worth picking up for pc?
What kind of games do you like?
All sorts, I'll play most things.
Gris. Simple to play, looks absolutely gorgeous.

Enter the Gungeon
Dead Cells
The Messenger

Get yourself an Epic Games account. They do a free game a week, I believe.
Yeah I got one back end of last year when they offered the batman games so I've got a few off them already.

Last edited:
Anything really, got loads of ps4 games might pick up a few for pc that I didn't get on ps4 like assassins creed origins, new star wars one etc.

Doubt I'll be re buying games I own already unless it's going to be loads better on pc.

Is there any pc exclusive (is that even a thing) or x box games that's worth picking up for pc?

All sorts, I'll play most things.

7 Days 2 Die is better on pc.
Ark as well.
Fps - Hell let Loose or Post Scriptum are decent but people seem to take them uber seriously.
Diablo 3

Tbf there's plenty out there and the best thing I've found since going back to pc is things tend to go on sale so much that you don't often pay full price.

There are definitely games that are better on PC, like the Football Manager games or the Paradox "grand strategy" games. Basically anything that uses massive databases or has thousands of units to keep track of.

If you like strategy games, particularly ones that are ludicrously complicated, then the Paradox "grand strategies" are the mutt's nuts:

Crusader Kings 2
Europa Universalis 4
Victoria 2
Hearts Of Iron 4
Stellaris

...and they've just made a new one, Imperator: Rome.

They all have the same main underlying mechanics but are all set in different periods in history, and each one also has something else that differentiates it from the others, like the method of starting wars for example, or in the Crusader Kings series there's an emphasis on the relationships between the lords/princes in the royal family of your tribe, or in the Hearts Of Iron games you have supply routes that you need to keep operational for your troops, etc.

Incredibly complicated games but deeply satisfying once you get to that point when it all clicks and you suddenly realise you know what you're doing. :lol:

There are definitely games that are better on PC, like the Football Manager games or the Paradox "grand strategy" games. Basically anything that uses massive databases or has thousands of units to keep track of.

If you like strategy games, particularly ones that are ludicrously complicated, then the Paradox "grand strategies" are the mutt's nuts:

Crusader Kings 2
Europa Universalis 4
Victoria 2
Hearts Of Iron 4
Stellaris

...and they've just made a new one, Imperator: Rome.

They all have the same main underlying mechanics but are all set in different periods in history, and each one also has something else that differentiates it from the others, like the method of starting wars for example, or in the Crusader Kings series there's an emphasis on the relationships between the lords/princes in the royal family of your tribe, or in the Hearts Of Iron games you have supply routes that you need to keep operational for your troops, etc.

Incredibly complicated games but deeply satisfying once you get to that point when it all clicks and you suddenly realise you know what you're doing. :lol:
Are they similar to the old age of empires games? Sounds like they are and I used to love them back in the day.

They recently re mastered the first 2 age of empires games.

You can play them on xbox games pass which costs next to nothing id you look around for deals.

xbox games pass for pc is really good, loads of games and £1 a month for the first 3 months.

Interested in some recommended PC games too as I've just got a Ryzen 9 powerhouse and currently just playing Cities Skylines on it :oops:

I can almost feel it shaking its head at me in disgust.

Just finished building my pc and looking for something to play.

If you liked Age Of Empires and games like that, try the Tropico series of games. It's one of these where you build up a town and manage it through natural disasters, political uprisings etc, but all quite tongue in cheek, as you're El Presidente of a tropical island. Nice soundtrack to them too.

Along a very similar theme but with dinosaurs, I've been playing Jurassic World: Evolution all week. Highly addictive.

Interested in some recommended PC games too as I've just got a Ryzen 9 powerhouse and currently just playing Cities Skylines on it :oops:

I can almost feel it shaking its head at me in disgust.

Nowt wrong with Cities Skylines mate, but if you want something new, these games I've recommended to PN1 above might suit you too.

The new Star Wars one is worth a play
Xenonauts (older game) if you like the original X-Com Enemy Unknown (basically a remake with more bits to it)
Escape from Tarkov if you like online shooters - still in BETA but it's f***ing awesome
Red Dead Redemption 2 is good
Original Batman game
The new Assassins creed isn't too bad and looks like it will take years to complete!

Been a bit of a shit year for games.

Total war Rome 2 is canny if you like turn based strategy, i preferred total war shogun 2 for gameplay but love the rome period of history

Kerbal space programme if you like space type stuff, be prepared to stress out when your rocket blows up or run out of fuel trying to land on the moon, spent hours on that game and once landed on mars, tried playing it again recently and couldn’t get to the moon ffs

Dayz is good now if you fancy surviving a zombie apocolypse just mak sure you have spare water or pop on ya nowt worse than dying of thirst with loadsa good weapons and ammo, or drinking from a pond and getting a disease cos you didnt pick up them water sterilising tablets you saw way back and thought fuck that ive got 6 cans of pipsi wont need the tablets

Prison architect was areet but like others it depends what ur into, watch some youtube vids see if any are your type of game i never buy nowt now without watching half hour or so of a gameplay vid, i learned that with rome 2 was buggy as fuck when it first released but is areet now and of course with pc theres mods that make some games a lot better

Back