Recommend Me Some Dog Food

Our 7 month old Lab has Royal canin dry food which the breeder recommended, he gets sardines or scrambled egg for lunch and the occasional chicken breast

Raw meat. We changed from royal canin about 4 months ago.

Boulmers 80/10/10 from ROAR in Team Valley.

There is a thread on here somewhere about feeding dogs raw meat.

my 7 month old lab is on purina dry food with winalot sachets in gravy. Not keen at all.

What do you feed your dog? Any recommendations?

My 3 and a half year old Lab on Harrington’s dried food. Rice based.
Fed twice per day and spot on with his weight.
He is a big Lab at 40kg. Has treats as well but not over the top.
2 to 3 walks a day mind you.

My 3 and a half year old Lab on Harrington’s dried food. Rice based.
Fed twice per day and spot on with his weight.
He is a big Lab at 40kg. Has treats as well but not over the top.
2 to 3 walks a day mind you.

Ours gets Harrington's too. We tried all different varieties including a one especially for Scotties, and he would eat them for a few weeks and then stop.
He seems to like fish the best so we give him the Salmon and Potato Harrington's with a little bit of wet food or chicken mixed in with it and he wolfs it down.
He doesn't get many treats mind, apart from training bites because he's a parky little sod haha

Skinners duck and rice or turkey and rice. Recommended by a farmer. It's vat free as it's working dog food. Both enjoy it and eat it all as soon as their bowls go down. Firm poos that are easy to pickup. No health worries. Dogs are aged 14 and 9 with no health concerns.

is it worth looking at changing madames food now or leave her while she`s eating? Currently just on chum puppy pouches

Yes but do it slowly. Start with 90% chum with 10% new food for a couple of days and then adjust the ratio slightly every couple of days till she's fully switched over.

Our Springer has Wainwright's and it seems to be ok for him. He won't eat the duck one though. He sometimes has their wet food as a change and loves that.

We feed our labs in skinners muesli mix and some wet food mixed in. They've always looked in excellent condition.

Skinners muesli mix is £20 for 15kg

Hills Science Plan dried food with a small amount of their wet food also to put his supplements of Yumove and cod liver oil for his joints and coat.
Science Plan is the one. It’s a pricey option but you get what you pay for.

Also my springer loves his Youmove NZ green lip mussel tablets. He’s now 12 and has helped him.

Back