Recommend me a vacuum cleaner, sub £200

After years of Dysons we bought a Shark NV800 last year. better all round. Have a look at the reviews on Youtube, compare with others but I think we got a good deal and £200 off. One tip keep the filters clean every three months and empty the dust container after each use.

Last edited:
We bought a G Tec thing about 18 months back. It's not that good. Mrs then bought the little one as well, that's absolutely shit. Daughter fetched home the Henry she uses at work , bloody marvellous but crap to drag round.

If you want a corded bagged machine buy a Miele they are unbeatable. If you want a cordless baggless thing don't bother. They are great when new but gradually fall off untill a farting flea would give you more power. Changing the filters doesn't restore the power then you suddenly realise you've wasted your money
I've had my Miele for 12 years it's just given up but it's been decent . Got a shark in the black Friday sale, I think they're quite often on offer

Good evening domestic gods and goddesses. I bought a Shark, full review to follow although the hair tangling technology is a lie of Boris proportions.

It's pretty good but I've had to cut hairs off the roller on first use. Likely down to the fact our old hoover was knackered mind.

The first time I used my shark I was amazed by the amount of shit my old nackered Dyson had been leaving behing. I felt scruffy as owt. I bet if I got a new shark now though it would pick up loads that my 4 year old shark is leaving behind.

Thanks.

Suck it up, etc etc.
I bought a numatic Harry for cleaning up after building work off gumtree or ebay for 50 quid and it was hardly used so keep an eye out. A lot of people buy them and don’t like them. We have a shark cordless thing with 2 batteries for the house and it’s spot on
Thirded. we have had 2 and they were both the same. ok brand new out of the box then lose suction quicker than a bird getting a wedding ring. Basic and bulletproof don`t think you can honestly look past a Henry
I bought one ridiculously reduced and I was robbed, total shite

Last edited:
I have 2 Henry Hoovers. One is a 110v version I use for work and it's at least 30 years old, my (the wife's) second is the normal 240v one and it's over 20 years old. Why buy anything else? Go get pissed on the £100 you'll have spare and in 5 years time when all these other vax/shark/dyson's etc you might have bought break down you can go out and get pissed on the £200 you have just saved again.

Back