Recommend me a SUV for 14k Also tell me what to avoid !

How about something like VW Tiguan - bit boring, not much to look at but 4wd so ok in the snow, plenty of space, 2litre diesel engines seem to go and on. VW build quality. Just be wary the ad-blue tank is under the space wheel and pain in the arse to fill. Not much to say but exactly in your budget.

Last edited:
This might not help but mpg and space seem to be important to you. If that’s the case I’d sack off those two awful options and get a German estate which will be superior in every way. 14k would get you something nice.
I like the look of those Tesla SUV’s when they have all the kit on ,I’m guessing they are a few quid ?

To reply to the op ,anything that’s not a second hand Range Rover .

Disco 4 for me. Mines never let me down . Winter tyres fitted December and virtually unstoppable. Mpg obviously ain’t great.
For £14k you could still get a decent one.
Quiet like the xc 90 as an eventual replacement .

How about something like VW Tiguan - bit boring, not much to look at but 4wd so ok in the snow, plenty of space, 2litre diesel engines seem to go and on. VW build quality. Just be wary the ad-blue tank is under the space wheel and pain in the arse to fill. Not much to say but exactly in your budget.
We liked them and looked at them before the CX-5 but the boot space was no bigger than the Golf we were trading in. It was just like a chunky Golf, which means it's well built, great engine as you say, but didn't give us the space we were getting an SUV for.

Back