Recommend me a SUV for 14k Also tell me what to avoid !

Definitely an estate. Got a octavia at the minute loads of space 14k would get you a 2017 one or even the superb which is even bigger

Carry 5 people no problem. Loads of boot space too

When I was with Nissan and they started with the Renault Alliance (Renault running gear etc.) we started getting this. Can’t believe it’s still a thing...

I know they say it’s in tolerance, and it is, it’s a disgrace.

I don’t know if any other vehicle where this happens.

tbf I had a Toureg 13 year back which forever needed oil.
Bar that I fecking loved it but had to go to a 7 seater.

They all drive like bouncy castles but I prefer the sport age, good cars and less popular the Qashqai. Everyone I've had as hire or courtesy has been spot on, conformable and we'll equipped. Must have had every model and all engines, 1.6, 1.7 and 2.0 diesels also the awd one which was a bit more thirsty but was actually decent in the shit weather. Good warranty aswell.

I’ve been driving 17 years and never needed to change oil in a car between services until we got the Kadjar. Everyone thinks I’m talking shite when I talk about it.

I've got a 17 plate 1.6 dCe and never had any oil issues.

It's for sale too, and less than 13k 😉 4wd Dynamique S Nav. Warranty until April 2021

Every A4, A5 and A6 I’ve had has been about 45mpg. They’ve all been Quattro though and I know that takes a bit off
Getting 60 out of my A5 2.0 TDi 190 right now. Driving it like that is like pulling teeth like.

The answer if the OP needs a decent SUV for that money is obviously the Mazda CX-5, should get a good spec moderate mileage 16 plate new shape for that money.

Last edited:
Getting 60 out of my A5 2.0 TDi 190 right now. Driving it like that is like pulling teeth like.

The answer if the OP needs a decent SUV for that money is obviously the Mazda CX-5, should get a good spec moderate mileage 16 plate new shape for that money.
CX-5 is a great shout but you wouldn’t get a new shape on a 16 plate and wouldn’t get a new shape for £14k.

There’s some good mileage, old shape with full spec (175HP AWD Sport-Nav) and decent mileage for not much more money. Good cars though.

CX-5 is a great shout but you wouldn’t get a new shape on a 16 plate and wouldn’t get a new shape for £14k.

There’s some good mileage, old shape with full spec (175HP AWD Sport-Nav) and decent mileage for not much more money. Good cars though.
You're probably right. Thought the new shape started on the 16s but fair enough. Nowt wrong with the old shape like, we got a 65 very low mileage 2.2L AWD Nav for not much over 14k earlier this year.

Last edited:
You're probably right. Thought the new shape started on the 16s but fair enough. Nowt wrong with the old shape like, we got a 65 very low mileage 2.2L AWD Nav for not much over 14k earlier this year.
Me too... Heavy on the fuel for the AWD is my only gripe.

Definitely an estate. Got a octavia at the minute loads of space 14k would get you a 2017 one or even the superb which is even bigger

Carry 5 people no problem. Loads of boot space too
I feel as if a estate would be a pain( big back end ) and are they better mpg than suv's?

And as for Audi's bmw's etc too much £££s and how much is sevicing and parts ?
They all drive like bouncy castles but I prefer the sport age, good cars and less popular the Qashqai. Everyone I've had as hire or courtesy has been spot on, conformable and we'll equipped. Must have had every model and all engines, 1.6, 1.7 and 2.0 diesels also the awd one which was a bit more thirsty but was actually decent in the shit weather. Good warranty aswell.
I test drove a sportage impressed and bigger boot than the quashqai but it has a big back end " ooer missus" where as the quasqai is just right ,ive read online much better mpg by the nissan ,what were you getting around the doors ? and on a run ?( 1.6 deisel)

Last edited:
I feel as if a estate would be a pain( big back end ) and are they better mpg than suv's?

And as for Audi's bmw's etc too much £££s and how much is sevicing and parts ?

I test drove a sportage impressed and bigger boot than the quashqai but it has a big back end " ooer missus" where as the quasqai is just right ,ive read online much better mpg by the nissan ,what were you getting around the doors ? and on a run ?( 1.6 deisel)
it was all on a company fuel car so I do t know exact figures, just remember the 2.0 awd being in 40s, only really kept an eye on the ceed 1.6 diesel and that was around 50mpg but that was driven like a company car

Last edited:
I've got a kuga, paid a fraction more than that but I'm sure you could shop around and get one at that. It's much less dull than a quashqai or kai it goes well too(2.30 diesel). I'll be honest though, we dont do many miles so I'm not that fussed about mpg, but I have noticed the tank is smaller than on our Peugeot that would take the thick end of £70 to fill up, our normal fill ups are now 50-60.

Looked at these when I bought my car and couldn't get near the spec on the cx5 for what I paid for a kuga. Tbe cx5 was nicer but it's just the next price bracket up, maybe next time.

Last edited:
I've got a kuga, paid a fraction more than that but I'm sure you could shop around and get one at that. It's much less dull than a quashqai or kai it goes well too(2.30 diesel). I'll be honest though, we dont do many miles so I'm not that fussed about mpg, but I have noticed the tank is smaller than on our Peugeot that would take the thick end of £70 to fill up, our normal fill ups are now 50-60.

Looked at these when I bought my car and couldn't get near the spec on the cx5 for what I paid for a kuga. Tbe cx5 was nicer but it's just the next price bracket up, maybe next time.
I got mine used and their values new to a 3 years old are huge. New £30+ and 4 years £15 max.

Back