Recommend me a SUV for 14k Also tell me what to avoid !

Guitar Man

Midfield
As title got 14k to spend
Ive got a top 2 of a quashqai n connecta or a kia sportage '3' I know I know ! 2 very vanilla suvs
which is the more economical ? can't go off offical figures as they are b#llshit
any good or bad experiences with either ?
Ive test driven both and both seemed to drive and handle well ,but the sportarge seems a bigger beast than the nissan back end height length so i'm expecting less mpg

Ive got a top 2 of a quashqai n connecta or a kia sportage '3' I know I know ! 2 very vanilla suvs
which is the more economical ? can't go off offical figures as they are b#llshit
Ive test driven both and both seemed to drive and handle well ,but the sportarge seems a bigger beast than the nissan back end height length so i'm expecting less mpg
Qashqai by the way....or a Hyundai Tucson

I'm quite happy with a Honda crv diesal. Nice trim level, leather, sunroof, about 42 mpg, cruises nice at 80. Loads of load space and canny seating configurations. Park no bother. Bit rough if you have to work it low down but it's an suv not a hot hatch.

Avoid the Renault Kadjar. Ours eats oil, I have to stick a litre in a month minimum.

It’s been to the garage 4 tines about it and every time we are told that the oil top up periods are “within tolerance”.

Finance is up next year, we’ll be getting rid.

This might not help but mpg and space seem to be important to you. If that’s the case I’d sack off those two awful options and get a German estate which will be superior in every way. 14k would get you something nice.
100% this......Audi A4 Avant....or A6.....huge boot, easily fit 5 adults, Tdi's return 50-60mpg.....

Back