Recommend me a Staycation/Holistay Destination

Never understand the obsession with holidays , i,m 56 and we nivver had family holidays the way people go on about them now it does my nut in. Not to say i don,t enjoy it when i do have one but FFS its relentless . Can people not just be a bit more patient and contain themselves rather than behave like they been locked up for 25 years. Oh eventually its Argyll and Bute for me, West of Scotland is stunning.

Thanks for all the tips. And to all the pedants. 🙄 I’ve booked a cottage in North Norfolk, near Wells-next-the-sea, in late June.

Now looking for a stop-off on way down from Edinburgh. Done York a few times, but not for a few years.
You did well booking before the "roadmap" announcement last night.

We are ditching our holiday abroad this year (optimistically moved from last year) and booked in Yorkshire a few weeks ago. Paid ÂŁ1100 for a cottage for 7 nights at the end of August. The same type of cottage next door for the same week is now ÂŁ2750

Never understand the obsession with holidays , i,m 56 and we nivver had family holidays the way people go on about them now it does my nut in. Not to say i don,t enjoy it when i do have one but FFS its relentless . Can people not just be a bit more patient and contain themselves rather than behave like they been locked up for 25 years. Oh eventually its Argyll and Bute for me, West of Scotland is stunning.
No

I'm thinking darn sarth, in order to maximise chances of getting warm weather. Nice beach, but in a nice town with decent bars and restaurants and some lovely accommodation. Off you go... (and I realise this is what every man, woman and their lockdown puppies are also thinking about, so prices will be sky-high and the beaches will be mobbed etc etc).

I was thinking North Norfolk coast, the missus is thinking Devon/Cornwall.

Head up to the Highlands. No guarantee of warm weather but the scenery is unreal

I'm thinking darn sarth, in order to maximise chances of getting warm weather. Nice beach, but in a nice town with decent bars and restaurants and some lovely accommodation. Off you go... (and I realise this is what every man, woman and their lockdown puppies are also thinking about, so prices will be sky-high and the beaches will be mobbed etc etc).

I was thinking North Norfolk coast, the missus is thinking Devon/Cornwall.
East Boldon?

Just seen thread so sorry if SEB, St Ives in Cornwall is fab place, couple of good beaches, one surf, one more family, some good pubs and nice restaurants, I’ll be there late Aug 🍺👍

It's something nice to look forward to. It's good for your mental health having thing to look forward to. Even pondering it can be good.
Let them dream!

Your final statement is correct. As are the Highlands.

Thanks for all the tips. And to all the pedants. 🙄 I’ve booked a cottage in North Norfolk, near Wells-next-the-sea, in late June.

Now looking for a stop-off on way down from Edinburgh. Done York a few times, but not for a few years.
Erm Newcastle to see your brother....

Back