Recommend me a Staycation/Holistay Destination

Teejay

Striker
I'm thinking darn sarth, in order to maximise chances of getting warm weather. Nice beach, but in a nice town with decent bars and restaurants and some lovely accommodation. Off you go... (and I realise this is what every man, woman and their lockdown puppies are also thinking about, so prices will be sky-high and the beaches will be mobbed etc etc).

I was thinking North Norfolk coast, the missus is thinking Devon/Cornwall.

I got a quick break in Cornwall late September last year. Stayed in Falmouth which is lovely with loads of bars eateries.

Easy access to towns , villages , harbours and beaches on the north and south coasts of Cornwall.
Broke the journey down staying in Bristol - the quayside is great for a daytime jaunt.

Edinburgh is a world away but just up the road. Will be canny without all the Americans and Chinese around this year. It doesn't replace a summer holiday, but as a city break for few days it's hard to beat, there's even a decent beach in Portobell (3 days a year).

Edinburgh is a world away but just up the road. Will be canny without all the Americans and Chinese around this year. It doesn't replace a summer holiday, but as a city break for few days it's hard to beat, there's even a decent beach in Portobell (3 days a year).
That’s where I live! Not great personally for a holiday, although I do feel very lucky to live here.

Back