Recommend me a fitness watch/tracker

flatwhite

Full Back
I completely neglected cardio for about 2 years and now I'm getting back into it just to shred down...I want a watch or even just a tracker to tell me how many calories I'm burning quite accurately with both everyday activity and cardio/HIIT sessions, can any fitness fanatics of the SMB help a brother out...

I'd recommend first having a look on Gumtree etc and think about getting one second hand. I bought mine new and my mate found a better one for cheaper a few days later.

I've just ordered the fitbit charge 2 - anyone got this or another fitbit and have any thoughts?
I have. It's a decent little gadget. Not too sure how accurate the step counter is, as my pal and me used to compare steps over the day when we'd been working together and my count was always double his- don't know if it was miscounting actions like using a hammer or doing manual tasks as steps, he had a different brand to mine.
Get about a good week out of a charge, takes about an hour to fully recharge- but disable 'always sync' as it eats battery life.
Just got the missus to order me a Garmin Vivoactive 3 as a replacement, seems more of a smart watch stylee

I have. It's a decent little gadget. Not too sure how accurate the step counter is, as my pal and me used to compare steps over the day when we'd been working together and my count was always double his- don't know if it was miscounting actions like using a hammer or doing manual tasks as steps, he had a different brand to mine.
Get about a good week out of a charge, takes about an hour to fully recharge- but disable 'always sync' as it eats battery life.
Just got the missus to order me a Garmin Vivoactive 3 as a replacement, seems more of a smart watch stylee

Yeah cheers, from what I’ve read the reviews are good. The Garmin ones are a step up in features and stuff, given this is my first tracker I thought I’d start more basic. If you do a lot of running/cycling the Garmin ones look class

Any recommendations for one of these to track weight training as well as cardio? Don't even know if such a thing exists.

It would be heart rate based, would be a decent level of accuracy
According to fitbit themselves, "heart rate isn’t necessarily a good indicator of energy expenditure during weight lifting, so even a HR-enabled Fitbit may not give you accurate values for calories burned during your weight lifting session." Plus it wouldn't log your rest periods, as your heart only drops a modicum during a rest before your next set

According to fitbit themselves, "heart rate isn’t necessarily a good indicator of energy expenditure during weight lifting, so even a HR-enabled Fitbit may not give you accurate values for calories burned during your weight lifting session." Plus it wouldn't log your rest periods, as your heart only drops a modicum during a rest before your next set
If that's the case why would anyone bother with a HR Fitbit? Seems daft to me

There is an interval setting. Fitbits are shit, garmins are the daddies

Back