Recommend me a camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris Bear

Striker
I want a DSLR......was thinking maybe a budget of £500

Would be good if it squirted water out the front anarl

Fire away

I know nowt about DSLRs, but have you looked at the Panasonic Lumix TZ10? Not a DSLR, but gets very good reviews, I've got the TZ7 and it's spot on for what you pay for it.

Nee squirty water facility I'm afraid.

I know nowt about DSLRs, but have you looked at the Panasonic Lumix TZ10? Not a DSLR, but gets very good reviews, I've got the TZ7 and it's spot on for what you pay for it.

Nee squirty water facility I'm afraid.

I've got a little Lumix camera and it's canny so I'll have a look at that.

I had a D90, used it about 10-15 times then sold the fucker.
They are class like but unless your really into photography I wouldn't bother.
I am looking at the TZ10 now.

since we on the camera side of things a got sand in mine when a went to ibiza with the lads (well think a got sand in it) would it be better to get it seen to or just buy a new one, think the camera was about £150 avd had it just over a 18 month

since we on the camera side of things a got sand in mine when a went to ibiza with the lads (well think a got sand in it) would it be better to get it seen to or just buy a new one, think the camera was about £150 avd had it just over a 18 month

Buy a new one, you can probably get the equivalent camera now for £70 or so, sell the old one on ebay as spares or repair and you will get £20-£30 for it.

That's what I would do anyway.

I want a DSLR......was thinking maybe a budget of £500

Would be good if it squirted water out the front anarl

Fire away

The Sony Nex and Olympus Pens look canny, but personally I'd be put off by the price of the lenses. If you want a point and shoot, the Lumix range are terrific.

However, if you want an DSLR then you don't want any of the above. The above are good camera, but they are not DSLRs.

If I were you I'd buy a Canon or Nikon body for about £300, then buy lenses with the rest. Buy used too - these things last well, and tend to be treated well

For instance, £500 would (just about) get you;
- A used Nikon D80 body
- A brand new 18-200 lens (18-200 is versatile for pretty much any type for photography, from wildlife stuff to general walkabout)
- A brand new 50mm lens (perfect for portraits and shooting in low light)

Buying a camera body is a little bit like buying a used car. Instead of low mileage you want a low shutter count (the D80 is good for about 60k), and obviously you'll need to make sure it's in good general nick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back