Recommend me a bairns camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris Bear

Striker
My 10 year old daughter wants a camera for Christmas. She's quite switched on/sensible so I don't want to get her a toy but it can't be too complex.

Also needs to be robust as no doubt it will take a battering

Unless you get some sort of action camera it's not going to be very robust.

Pretty much every digital camera you buy these days will have a fully automatic mode which is dead simple to use and will take half decent photos even if it has loads of other complex modes.

Any idea of a budget?

Unless you get some sort of action camera it's not going to be very robust.

Pretty much every digital camera you buy these days will have a fully automatic mode which is dead simple to use and will take half decent photos even if it has loads of other complex modes.

Any idea of a budget?
I'm thinking maybe 120-130 quid

In that case, I'd suggest one of the moderately priced waterproof (ie. sealed and tough) compact cameras, something like a Lumix or this pretty pink Nikon both at around the £100 mark.

Note, I have neither seen nor used either of these cameras, just pointing you in the general direction (tough cameras that are quite small and take decent photos and decent video)

In that case, I'd suggest one of the moderately priced waterproof (ie. sealed and tough) compact cameras, something like a Lumix or this pretty pink Nikon both at around the £100 mark.

Note, I have neither seen nor used either of these cameras, just pointing you in the general direction (tough cameras that are quite small and take decent photos and decent video)

That Nikon is now on my list....as is this :

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back