Recommend a Gaming PC?

Anything over 60 frames per second while gaming is playable but 120fps+ is preferred (especially for online twitch shooters). Keep in mind that your monitor “hz” is the maximum fps that it can also do. Resolution of your monitor also plays a huge part. This plays just as much a role in gaming as your pc. Do you want to play 4k, 2k or 1080p? If you don’t do anything online competitive then 90fps is more than sufficient.

Anyway, a breakdown on the parts.

CPU
CPU Benchmarks and Hierarchy 2022: Processor Ranking Charts

As you can see, it is a very capable CPU, but not top end. One thing to note is that the 5600 is not meant for multitasking while gaming, so I’m thinking of twitch streaming whilst actually gaming. If you don’t need that then don’t worry.

Also, it is an AM4 chip and the new AM5 architecture is replacing it. PCs are generally modular so you could swap out to a newer CPU but keep your motherboard and RAM. That won’t be possible since they are changing how they do things in the next generation. For context they released the AM4 architecture in 2016. If you don’t plan on upgrading your PC for 5 years then again it’s not a big deal.

RAM
3600mhz Corsair ram is good and 16gb is enough. You will also have the option to buy 2 more sticks to take it to 32gb. There are 4 slots on your motherboard for RAM and your 16gb only uses 2. Make sure you buy the same type of RAM if you choose to do this. It’s a very easy upgrade.

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME B450M-A II is a budget board on the AM4 architecture. However, I generally like ASUS motherboards and it will do the job.

Graphics Card
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

This for me is the best part of that pc. The 3080 is a very good graphics card. However, note that the new generation is due for release next month.

In Summary
It’s a very solid gaming pc and a fair price for what you are getting.

The CPU and motherboard are the 2 weakest points of this deal, but they are still very capable.

I agree with @PTR in that you will need to learn if you want to get the best out of your PC. If you don’t know what you are doing with PC gaming, your experience will be a painful one. It’s not like a console where it all just works. Sometimes you need to fix problems or tweak settings to hit the sweet spot on your chosen game.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Back