Reclining your seat on a plane

Is it poor social ettiquette?

Sat here 5 mins into a 2.5 hour delay before we can takr off, stuck on the plane, gadgies knees in my back, and this jewish fella in front reclines his seat so its about an inch from my face so i asked him if he would unrecline it and his son starts giving me jip about the function of the chair so i told him to fuck off as theres no one else on the plane reclining now the mother is kicking off in hebrew . Am i wrong here like?

Didn't think you were allowed to recline until the seatbelt sign had gone off.

Sat here 5 mins into a 2.5 hour delay before we can takr off, stuck on the plane, gadgies knees in my back, and this jewish fella in front reclines his seat so its about an inch from my face so i asked him if he would unrecline it and his son starts giving me jip about the function of the chair so i told him to fuck off as theres no one else on the plane reclining now the mother is kicking off in hebrew . Am i wrong here like?
I'm guessing he's an Orthodox Jew in all the hat and garb? Without wanting to stereotype, I've always found them to be amongst the most arrogant people when travelling. They always seem to push to the front of the queue, never say please or thank you and are generally unpleasant types. When I was travelling to Israel a few times a few years back, it was always the orthodox mob who acted like this, rarely anyone else on the flight where you have to imagine there will be a fair proportion of "normal" jews.

I'm guessing he's an Orthodox Jew in all the hat and garb? Without wanting to stereotype, I've always found them to be amongst the most arrogant people when travelling. They always seem to push to the front of the queue, never say please or thank you and are generally unpleasant types. When I was travelling to Israel a few times a few years back, it was always the orthodox mob who acted like this, rarely anyone else on the flight where you have to imagine there will be a fair proportion of "normal" jews.

Nah he's just a normal, everyday, isrealite.

I roll with the rule that reclining is a right reserved to everybody. If somebody reclines in front of you, then you have the right to also recline. However if the infront seat isn't reclined then you should reserve caution. Basically once the first recline happens then everybody is entitled to recline. If nobody is reclining then it's a little rude but acceptable given the size of the passenger. If you recline in that circumstance it is the person behind that should be annoyed at their refusal to recline rather than annoyance at the recliner.

I roll with the rule that reclining is a right reserved to everybody. If somebody reclines in front of you, then you have the right to also recline. However if the infront seat isn't reclined then you should reserve caution. Basically once the first recline happens then everybody is entitled to recline. If nobody is reclining then it's a little rude.

I would tend to agree, if the bloke behind me was already reclined then fair enough, but his knees are in my back i couldn't recline if i wanted to

It's horrible when you're in that situation, I'd get up and wander around, chat to the crew, grab a drink or two, just generally stretch your legs.
Nee drink either but I've a bottle of scotch in my bag might crack it open

I would tend to agree, if the bloke behind me was already reclined then fair enough, but his knees are in my back i couldn't recline if i wanted to

Nee drink either but I've a bottle of scotch in my bag might crack it open

He is breaking the first rule of plane travel. You are well within your right to adopt guerrilla tactics and stick your air blowing nozzle onto extra cold and point it at him.

I’m 6 foot 3 and haven’t got a lot of legroom on flights to start with. It’s very poor etiquette, shouldn’t even have the facility to do so. I don’t put mine back if someone’s behind me.

Mind you airlines cramming seats in doesn’t help.

Back