Reclining your seat on a plane

Discussion in 'SMB' started by tunstallhill, Aug 10, 2018.

1. screwjack

screwjack Midfield

aw,nevermind.hope you get sorted with your reclining seat issue soon.
    maybe one of the ‘trolly dollies’ could help resolve your problem with the nasty man

2. Paddy O'Dors

Paddy O'Dors Striker

Didn't think you were allowed to recline until the seatbelt sign had gone off.

cornish mackem likes this.
  3. tunstallhill

tunstallhill Striker

Another 1hour 50mins the pilot just said. Stuck here in this sweaty metal tube of despair. Everyone can fuck off

FannyByTheGaslight and Jimmer13 like this.
  4. I'm guessing he's an Orthodox Jew in all the hat and garb? Without wanting to stereotype, I've always found them to be amongst the most arrogant people when travelling. They always seem to push to the front of the queue, never say please or thank you and are generally unpleasant types. When I was travelling to Israel a few times a few years back, it was always the orthodox mob who acted like this, rarely anyone else on the flight where you have to imagine there will be a fair proportion of "normal" jews.

5. ned_werby

ned_werby Striker

just order a ham and cheese panini and bacon fries when the trolley dolly comes round. some gassy lager and spend the rest of the flight belching heavily between the seats in front.

6. tunstallhill

tunstallhill Striker

Nah he's just a normal, everyday, isrealite.

7. RedFlag1308

RedFlag1308 Winger

I roll with the rule that reclining is a right reserved to everybody. If somebody reclines in front of you, then you have the right to also recline. However if the infront seat isn't reclined then you should reserve caution. Basically once the first recline happens then everybody is entitled to recline. If nobody is reclining then it's a little rude but acceptable given the size of the passenger. If you recline in that circumstance it is the person behind that should be annoyed at their refusal to recline rather than annoyance at the recliner.

8. tunstallhill

tunstallhill Striker

We are just sat here on the tarmac

9. It's horrible when you're in that situation, I'd get up and wander around, chat to the crew, grab a drink or two, just generally stretch your legs.

cornish mackem likes this.
  10. tunstallhill

tunstallhill Striker

I would tend to agree, if the bloke behind me was already reclined then fair enough, but his knees are in my back i couldn't recline if i wanted to

Nee drink either but I've a bottle of scotch in my bag might crack it open

11. 5underland

5underland Central Defender

What a bastard. Get him told.

12. Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy Striker

蛋炒饭

13. For balance, I’m Jewish and never recline my seat.

14. Mantobar

Mantobar Midfield

Arlreet Jezza lad

FannyByTheGaslight likes this.
  15. The Exile

The Exile Striker

He's entitled to recline his seat.

You're so entitled to kick the back of it.

You could also offer it to the wife.

Lukas73 and Bishop Boy like this.
  16. RedFlag1308

RedFlag1308 Winger

He is breaking the first rule of plane travel. You are well within your right to adopt guerrilla tactics and stick your air blowing nozzle onto extra cold and point it at him.

17. DurhamRedStripe

DurhamRedStripe Central Defender

Get pissed, make a scene and i'll have a read about it on the Daily Mail tomorrow.

18. I’m 6 foot 3 and haven’t got a lot of legroom on flights to start with. It’s very poor etiquette, shouldn’t even have the facility to do so. I don’t put mine back if someone’s behind me.

Mind you airlines cramming seats in doesn’t help.

19. Stubbs ftm

Stubbs ftm Winger

This, or pull his dangly side burns

20. The last 10 or so times I've flown the recliner facility has been disabled . Maybe it's just Jet2 weez done this .