Reclining your seat during a flight:

I always use the eating or drinking technique to have them move the seat back to normal. Once the bait comes round ask them to move it forward. Keep a drink on your tray and if they try and move it back tell them you are still eating and drinking and to keep it up right.

Why? Seat close together. Imagine if you had the option to recline at the match. Most normal people wouldn't because that would be nobbish (the inconsiderate nobs still would like...and assume validation if people were too polite to complain).

You honestly have no idea if that would be the case.
You do that to me and I will kick fuck out of your seat, inconsiderate tosser.

You won't.

Don't think I've ever been on a plane where any seats recline but these have just been on budget airlines around Europe so either these don't offer it or everyone is just canny as fuck and doesn't do it :lol:

Had a flight back from New York last month where the row in front was completely empty, and we had a spare seat in next to us. During the flight someone moved to the seat directly in front of me to recline.

Usually I would be alright with it if it was his actual seat but that annoyed me.

The only time I ever do it is if I get a seat which is in front of a toilet, or at the back so there is nobody behind me.

However, I seem to have really bad luck with people in front of me reclining, it's happened on at least 80-90% of my recent flights. And of course as we all know, it's very hard to control the frustration over it, that's why we're seeing increasing "air rage" cases where people snap and things go wrong.

But the reason this is happening is because airlines are so hell bent to make more and more money that they are ever determined to squash more and more people in.

For years now, airlines have been steadily reducing leg space in the bid to put in more seats. Even British Airways announced they would be reducing leg space further just so they could get extra rows in.

Oh, and these days anyone who posts a picture of themselves in business class is asking to be hated.

If I'm on a long flight, I'll put my chair back a few inches....I don't see why people feel the need to have it all the way back....makes your back knack anyway.

Flew to Australia a few years back, Scouser in front of me got straight in his seat,whallop...all the way back, I asked him nicely If he could maybe move it forward a few inches as I'm 6ft.....grumbled that he was trying to sleep......the stewardess then told him to put his seat up, as we hadn't even taken off....dozy kernt....as soon as we were up, seat back again....stuck my knees up to give myself a bit of space....he leant back and back but I was locked and going no where.....I proceeded to kick fuck out of his seat all the way to Singapore.....food was served I shouted 'grubs up' and booted it.... :lol: I'm usually a nice person but this bellend got on my wick, he kept mumbling to his Mrs about what he was going to do...as usual he did fuck all...

we booked business class on the way back, and he was on my flight!....I raised my glass and winked at him as he went past....

Saw this on Twitter.
They're both adults. She should have said "Would you mind if I recline my seat?" before doing so. Especially if he's the back row. He has nowhere to go.
Likewise he could also have said "Excuse me, would you mind putting your seat back up? I'm a bit squashed".

I'm not bothering to watch the video, I'm just probably reiterating what any sensible person on here has probably said

That's honestly the sort of thing I would do. Am I the worst?
Saw this on Twitter.
They're both adults. She should have said "Would you mind if I recline my seat?" before doing so. Especially if he's the back row. He has nowhere to go.
Likewise he could also have said "Excuse me, would you mind putting your seat back up? I'm a bit squashed".

I'm not bothering to watch the video, I'm just probably reiterating what any sensible person on here has probably said

I've assumed this conversation has already taken place.
You do that to me and I will kick fuck out of your seat, inconsiderate tosser.

Nor ^

Last edited:
Anyone who reclines on a short haul/budget airline flight is a total whopper, let's be honest. The bloke in that video is a knob as well mind.

Back