Reclining your seat during a flight:

Hahahahaha. Reetio Rocky.
I reckon you’d be the spineless type who would get very angry, but only complain about it on here.

So you are saying that if the person behind asked you politely to move your seat up you would not do it?

I've never encountered a twat like that before tbf.

I was given lunch on a flight from Stansted to Hamburg. Even given a breakfast baguette on an early flight from Ponteland to Heathrow the Sunday after a home game.

I did find it odd, but none of us were complaining.
KLM usually give a hot drink and a cheese sarnie on short flights but it's just a snack. I know that's still food but to me its barely worth bothering with. Ba stopped free scran years ago but iirc you can buy biscuits and crisps

Long haul is proper meals though
I think you should get on the scales with your bag and the charge goes on that. The bairns bag was 2kg over a year or so ago so I had to pay extra whereas some fat fucker 10x his weight will get on with 2kg less bag weight and pay less. Absolute joke
My bag was overweight last week. I changed out of my trainers into my steel toe cap boots and put a second coat on

The lass just stared at me blankly and checked me in

Last edited:
KLM usually give a hot drink and a cheese sarnie on short flights but it's just a snack. I know that's still food but to me its barely worth bothering with. Ba stopped free scran years ago but iirc you can buy biscuits and crisps

Long haul is proper meals though

My bag was overweight last week. I changed out of my trainers into my steel toe cap boots and put a second coat on

The lass just stared at me blankly and checked me in

I ended up sat next to an Italian lad one year who had 8 jumpers and 3 pairs of trousers on !! 😅

So you are saying that if the person behind asked you politely to move your seat up you would not do it?

I've never encountered a twat like that before tbf.

Nope. That’s pretty much what I didn’t say.
I said I always recline my seat on a flight, as I often try to sleep on them.
No-one has ever asked me to move my seat back up. If someone politely asked, because it was genuinely causing them issues, then I definitely would.

No-one has ever asked me to move my seat back up. If someone politely asked, because it was genuinely causing them issues, then I definitely would.

fair enough then, we are in agreement

Exactly this. I always recline mine. It doesn’t really effect leg room anyway, as it’s the top part of the seat that goes back.
Just puts the back of the seat in your face. The tv screen pointing down and ruining your enjoyment. And the seat against your knees (yes it does).
Most people are too polite and considerate of others to say "how you f***ing inconsiderate twat are you taking the piss or what".

Last edited:
Just puts the back of the seat in your face. The tv screen pointing down and ruining your enjoyment. And the seat against your knees (yes it does).

Most people are too polite and considerate of others to say "how you f***ing inconsiderate twat are you taking the piss or what".

Or perhaps they’re just not really fussed. I’ve had the seat in front reclined on most long flights I’ve been on, and I didn’t sweat it. It’s their right having paid for said seat.

Return flight from Tenerife a couple of years back, woman in front of our lass reclined her seat.
Our lass was a tad pissed off but accepted that it happens and it’s only a few hours.
However the lass in front decides to start bouncing about on the seat, each time my wife’s drink and food go all over the place.
Our lass then asked her to put the seat forward or sit still as it was causing her a problem, she refused.
So our lass decided to bang the seat a couple of times, I got sick of it, so asked her husband to have a word.
He did and she immediately put the seat upright.
On long haul I try and get the seat at the back, so I can recline without affecting anyone.
It’s shit if someone does it to me as I’m over 6ft, but accept it to be honest and don’t say anything.
Think it’s jet2 and Ryanair new planes they can’t recline and it’s great knowing it’s not guna happen.

They have. Many have disabled it.
All my recent short haul European flights have had fixed seats. Perfect for daytime travel.

I've just come off an overnight flight, the girl in front reclined at lights out ( no I didnt punch the seat), the leg room wasn't really impinged upon but the film screen was not in such a good position but hey ho it was an overnight flight. The stewardess told her to put her seat up at breakfast time though...yay.

Or perhaps they’re just not really fussed. I’ve had the seat in front reclined on most long flights I’ve been on, and I didn’t sweat it. It’s their right having paid for said seat.
How would you feel if that happened at the match? They'd paid for their seat and reclined it right in your face "because they'd paid for it". Ruins your enjoyment of the game but they paid for it. OK?

How would you feel if that happened at the match? They'd paid for their seat and reclined it right in your face "because they'd paid for it". Ruins your enjoyment of the game but they paid for it. OK?
It’s really not ‘in your face’. And the screens on most planes move for when the seat in front reclines.

Back