Recent Lockdown Purchases

Bought a brand new stereo system and a load of old records. Proper treat for myself after having a slightly early mid life crisis and realising how much I miss sitting down and just listening to music. Took me back to sitting by the radio waiting to try and tape songs from the charts on to tape, so that you could listen back on your Walkman whilst just kicking back. Proper chuffed.
Aye I've just had a turntable delivered today actually, gonna run it through a pioneer system I've had stored for years. Just need to dust off all my old vinyl, didn't realise new vinyl was so expensive either!

A 19 disc Aretha Franklin box set, a 12 disc Otis Redding complete collection box set and a 9 disc complete Bill Withers collection. Also picked up Prince 1999 and Purple Rain deluxe editions with tons of previously unreleased bonus material. Should keep me going for a while :D

Shit tons of whisk(e)y

Mental how the lockdown has affected me, stuff I've looked at for ages and always fancied but until now had never taken the plunge...

I must have bought about 20 bottles or more.

Shit tons of whisk(e)y

Mental how the lockdown has affected me, stuff I've looked at for ages and always fancied but until now had never taken the plunge...

I must have bought about 20 bottles or more.

I've spent about £700 on shoes, all in :D

Aye I've just had a turntable delivered today actually, gonna run it through a pioneer system I've had stored for years. Just need to dust off all my old vinyl, didn't realise new vinyl was so expensive either!

You now need @td586 in your life :D

And @ouro @monkeytassle

Have you got them resoled? If so do you send them to Loake or get a local cobbler to do it? (A small) one of the reasons I've been willing to spend so much on shoes recently is I've found a really good cobbler - most of them can't do anything but glue a heel on these days.

I have some Grenson boots that I had resoled by the local cobbler. They look fine and are still comfortable, but they lost a little bit of something. Wish I’d sent them
away to be done properly to be honest.

And @ouro @monkeytassle

Have you got them resoled? If so do you send them to Loake or get a local cobbler to do it? (A small) one of the reasons I've been willing to spend so much on shoes recently is I've found a really good cobbler - most of them can't do anything but glue a heel on these days.
You'll hate this but we have a cobbler at work that comes and shines our shoes. It's expensive but he's excellent. Sole and heel tacked is abiut 40 quid and I've had my current Oxford for about 3 years so far. Still look brand new

And @ouro @monkeytassle

Haven't needed to yet mate, being Herculean I spend most of my time naked so don't really wear the soles of my shoes much.

You'll hate this but we have a cobbler at work that comes and shines our shoes. It's expensive but he's excellent. Sole and heel tacked is abiut 40 quid and I've had my current Oxford for about 3 years so far. Still look brand new

I think you slightly misunderstand me mate, sounds great :D

The only thing I miss about my last employer was the resident barber.

Pair of Veja V10 Extras, a stick blender, some table wear, and a load of t-shirts, hats and jerseys from various Houston sport teams.

Got a WD My Cloud EX2 coming tomorrow, setting up a new Plex server should provide a little diversion from work.

I'm scared to even look at my amazon account. I spent far too much on a queens of the stone age and a wolfmother album but am afraid to see exactly what they cost. Saying that, have been listening to a 99p drifters album today and have been loving it. The novelty of the old sound system hasn't went away yet too. Btw, what I would give to have my old pioneer and technics sound system, well jealous.

I'm scared to even look at my amazon account. I spent far too much on a queens of the stone age and a wolfmother album but am afraid to see exactly what they cost. Saying that, have been listening to a 99p drifters album today and have been loving it. The novelty of the old sound system hasn't went away yet too. Btw, what I would give to have my old pioneer and technics sound system, well jealous.
Never thought of looking on Amazon for vinyl, cheers man.
Aye its just an old pioneer system, only need it for the amp really, 2 satellite and a sub but the sound is decent, managed to link my TV in through an optical adaptor which also has a Bluetooth antenna so can play/stream my phone music through it too.
Just had an audio technica LP120 turntable delivered which will do for what I'll be using it for like.
Got loads of old Chicago house stuff up parents amongst about another 150 random and not all great 12"s

New iPad
New Oven
About 100 cans of various Thornbridge ales
48 cans of neck oil
New set of pans
New knife block
New tableware
Bike
Garden storage unit
Bike bits
Trainers

Absolutely loads of other shite i've bought cos I'm bored.

Back