Christmas compendium ... November 22

More of a new year thing but people saying 'all the best mate', does my tits in.
Now I f***ing hate new year.
I've never liked the charade that's Xmas. I've been called all sorts by people who think its the be all and end all, but then spend 11 months of the year as miserable as sin.
Suppose it’s better than 12 months miserable as sin 😂

Last edited:
Had a real Christmas tree for the last 12 years ish, apart from last year when we bought an artificial one because the price for one was getting silly.

Didnt like the artificial one and gave it away.

Told the bairn we can put the tree up next weekend, forgetting that I didnt have one.

Does anyone know where the best place to get real ones are? Used to always go to south hetton but their prices seem to have gone up loads recently (although that could be everywhere to be fair).

Where do people do for theirs?

Had a real Christmas tree for the last 12 years ish, apart from last year when we bought an artificial one because the price for one was getting silly.

Didnt like the artificial one and gave it away.

Told the bairn we can put the tree up next weekend, forgetting that I didnt have one.

Does anyone know where the best place to get real ones are? Used to always go to south hetton but their prices seem to have gone up loads recently (although that could be everywhere to be fair).

Where do people do for theirs?
About £16 in B&M.

Ikea do real ones for £25 and when you buy it you get a tenner voucher back.
we did that for a few years, tree's werent bad and the voucher was handy... think they were only on sale for a short period of time and it was quite specific (from memory).

had an artificial one (balsamhill) for a few years now, wouldn't go back - too much faff disposing of the real ones in the new year.

Either the farm opposite the BMW garage / Travelling Man at Boldon, or there's a farm / stables place on the coast road at Whitburn. Both have good selection and were decent prices last year.

After years of getting real ones weve just invested £400 in a 9ft prelit. 5 year payback plus nee mess and lower risk of domestic violence when she doesnt like how the cables for the lights are lying.

Last edited:

Back