Reading that Burnley want a permanent deal for Dunne!

Tried not to be negative but I fecking hope not.....I've seen much better players than him this season.

Roker Report.

Burnley hint at permanent Dunne move
Premier League outfit Burnley are hoping to improve their homegrown options by expanding their academy so it meets the Category 1 criteria.

While discussing those aims, the Lancashire club’s technical director Mike Rigg has said the club want to bring through another player - like recent England under-21 international Dwight McNeill - or sell youngsters for a profit, to which Rigg gave on-loan defender Jimmy Dunne as an example:

A big part is to go to Category 1 with the Academy.

We want to be one of the best Academies in the country, but we can’t spend what Manchester City spend, so we’ve got to do what’s right for us. If we get a Dwight McNeil in the team, or a Jimmy Dunne is [potentially] sold to Sunderland, etc,etc

Bastard

Just spent 10 seconds trying to wipe away the door on my phone screen

If only Flannagan could stop slicing those forward balls into touch when he tries to play from the back ...He must have a near 90% success rate of putting the ball out:)
Nobody was better at the art of a sliced clearance into touch than Reuben Agboola. I maintain he would have been one of the great Rugby fly-halves. Unerring accuracy.

I would be delighted to see Dunne signed for us. If we sign another decent CB I reckon we would be well served at the back, especially if the other CB turns out to be the best; Fanagan, Dunne and Baldwin fighting for one starting spot sounds canny to me.

We sold John Egan without giving him a game and he has gone on to prove what a bad piece of business that was. A lot of CBs get better as they get older ( until their pace leaves them ). Dunne is a decent prospect

It wasn't bad business though, he wasn't good enough for the PL and that's where we were in 2014 when we let him go. In fact he couldn't get games in the Championship for Palace or League One for Sheff United (they obviously preferred Harry Maguire) either and then he had a bad injury on loan at Bradford breaking his leg whilst on loan in league two. It took a further loan down the leagues at Southend in League 2 and then a move to Gillingham and 90+ games before he's made the step up to the Championship at 23/24.

As for Dunne I think he's struggled at times this season and Burnley would likely want a few quid for him. Given we're already carrying four centre halves and none who I'd like to see playing regularly if we do go up then I'd hang fire on signing him at the moment. If we managed to get rid of Ozturk and Loovens during the summer then it may be a different story, signing someone like Dunne with potential to improve.

Last edited:
I'm unsure on him.

Iur defending from set pieces has improved since he has come in but hasn't set the world on fire. Needs to inprove his distribution and at 21 he has ample time to improve.

Depends on the fee for me.

It's just my opinion. The pair of them would struggle in the championship. If we do go up we will need to be looking at a better standard of player to compete.
i wouldnt have eirgher as first choice, though fkanagan has over 50 games at that level and could be first choice, i would sign dunne, sell baldwin and then sign at least one first choice, would also bin loovens and ozturk of course.

Back