Reading that Burnley want a permanent deal for Dunne!

Discussion in 'Pure Football' started by molthemackem, Mar 26, 2019.

1. kildaremackem

kildaremackem Midfield

tony adams made a career out of it..see the ball generally goes into a rectangle on a football pitch called the box...if jimmy stands there..he can win headers..baldwin is shit at winning headers..so is flanagan..

our keeper has many talents but is shot on crosses..so a cb who can head what the keeper cant cath is useful..

2. Teed

Teed Striker

21 and a good few years before he develops, depending on the price, he could be a decent signing.

Chop Buster and kildaremackem like this.
  3. viccarlton

viccarlton Striker

:lol:

4. The Rat

The Rat Striker

Don’t think he’s got enough for championship like

That’s the point

He’s helped like especially away from home

5. Reznor

Reznor Midfield

I like him. People need to remember he's young and will make some mistakes.

6. kildaremackem

kildaremackem Midfield

i wouldnt want him first choice in the champo..but could be a decent back up..21 years old and has time to develop..
    ideally if we go up i'd sell baldwin and keep flanagan and maybe dunne as reserve CBs..flanagna has quite a bit of experience in the champo..dunne is a raw youth to learn..

7. Rob the Ref

Rob the Ref Midfield

Totally agree, we were poor in the air at the back before but he has improved us a lot

kildaremackem likes this.
  8. Chop Buster

Chop Buster Central Defender

Only 21 though so he has plenty time to develop

9. Reznor

Reznor Midfield

Who though? People suggesting the lads from Barnsley are kidding themselves. They're going to Premier League teams.
    Correct. People on here had decided Chris Maguire was awful before he'd even kicked a ball for us. O'Nien was a waste of money after he'd played half a game on his debut.

kildaremackem likes this.
  10. Safc88

Safc88 Winger

Not a fan tbh. Still frightens me thinking of his performance first half against accrington.

Suppose he’s young though so will improve

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  11. Reznor

Reznor Midfield

And for those saying Flanagan and Baldwin are better as a partnership than one with Dunne in... we've kept four clean sheets in nine games with Dunne in the side, only seven in 28 without him.

Chop Buster and kildaremackem like this.
  12. Longovicium

Longovicium Goalkeeper

No idea I'm not a scout. I didn't judge Maguire or O'Nien before seeing them play. Having seen Dunne play, he has some attributes, but so far, at this stage of his career, he has far more weaknesses - poor on the ball, slow as hell, gets caught out, rash tackles. He might improve, but he isn't very good at League One level - why would we want to sign him if we went up?

13. Coeus

Coeus Striker

Has potential, if a reasonable price, the exact type of player we should be signing.

14. DrewC

DrewC Striker

Burnley might be in the Championship next with us...

15. kildaremackem

kildaremackem Midfield

he has weaknesses that come from inexperience..but he certainly hasnt been poor for us..

16. Kevsgreat

Kevsgreat Striker

Sort of agree. Flanagan has looked better as the season has gone on, while Baldwin seems to have gone backwards and I'm not convinced Dunne is any better than either of them right now. Loovens is done and who knows what to think of Ozturk.

Looking back though we came into the season with a defence of three full backs in Oviedo, Love and Matthews. That was it. So rather than starting again, again, you'd think we'd be looking to improve on what we have.

Johnsafc likes this.
  17. wilberforce

wilberforce Winger

I'd rather try and poach lyndsey from Barnsley tbh, he's a cracking centre half

18. Pop

Pop Striker

We’ve only conceded 34 goals this season, only Barnsley and Luton have conceded less.

Given the situation we were in at the start of the season I’d say we’ve done pretty well. There is always room for improvement but to say they are all not good enough is very harsh.

19. ooh its a corner

ooh its a corner Reserve Squad

Not convinced by him , but better than Clarke - Salter and he's still in the England u 21 squad, which means precisely fuck all like!

20. kildaremackem

kildaremackem Midfield

he will be in the prem next year i reckon...we might be league one!

wilberforce likes this.