Reading that Burnley want a permanent deal for Dunne!

Ah that's ok then, does he just stand in the centre of the park waiting for balls to be hit in his direction?
tony adams made a career out of it..see the ball generally goes into a rectangle on a football pitch called the box...if jimmy stands there..he can win headers..baldwin is shit at winning headers..so is flanagan..

Ah that's ok then, does he just stand in the centre of the park waiting for balls to be hit in his direction?
our keeper has many talents but is shot on crosses..so a cb who can head what the keeper cant cath is useful..

tony adams made a career out of it..see the ball generally goes into a rectangle on a football pitch called the box...if jimmy stands there..he can win headers..baldwin is shit at winning headers..so is flanagan..

our keeper has many talents but is shot on crosses..so a cb who can head what the keeper cant cath is useful..
:lol:

he is nowhere near evans-but evans was bought for the premier league..we arent shopping there anymore..we are shopping for either league one or champo..

Don’t think he’s got enough for championship like

That’s the point

He’s helped like especially away from home

Don’t think he’s got enough for championship like

That’s the point

He’s helped like especially away from home
i wouldnt want him first choice in the champo..but could be a decent back up..21 years old and has time to develop..
ideally if we go up i'd sell baldwin and keep flanagan and maybe dunne as reserve CBs..flanagna has quite a bit of experience in the champo..dunne is a raw youth to learn..

Very hit and miss. There's definitely something there but I would hope we would look elsewhere, whatever division we are in next season. I can't believe we couldn't find better.
Who though? People suggesting the lads from Barnsley are kidding themselves. They're going to Premier League teams.
As a club we are far to eager to write players off and discard them. The supporters sometimes don’t help with this either.

Everyone is shite.
Correct. People on here had decided Chris Maguire was awful before he'd even kicked a ball for us. O'Nien was a waste of money after he'd played half a game on his debut.

Not a fan tbh. Still frightens me thinking of his performance first half against accrington.

Suppose he’s young though so will improve

Last edited:
Who though? People suggesting the lads from Barnsley are kidding themselves. They're going to Premier League teams.

Correct. People on here had decided Chris Maguire was awful before he'd even kicked a ball for us. O'Nien was a waste of money after he'd played half a game on his debut.

No idea I'm not a scout. I didn't judge Maguire or O'Nien before seeing them play. Having seen Dunne play, he has some attributes, but so far, at this stage of his career, he has far more weaknesses - poor on the ball, slow as hell, gets caught out, rash tackles. He might improve, but he isn't very good at League One level - why would we want to sign him if we went up?

No idea I'm not a scout. I didn't judge Maguire or O'Nien before seeing them play. Having seen Dunne play, he has some attributes, but so far, at this stage of his career, he has far more weaknesses - poor on the ball, slow as hell, gets caught out, rash tackles. He might improve, but he isn't very good at League One level - why would we want to sign him if we went up?
he has weaknesses that come from inexperience..but he certainly hasnt been poor for us..

We need to rip up the centre back position and start again in the summer, they're all not good enough.
Sort of agree. Flanagan has looked better as the season has gone on, while Baldwin seems to have gone backwards and I'm not convinced Dunne is any better than either of them right now. Loovens is done and who knows what to think of Ozturk.

Looking back though we came into the season with a defence of three full backs in Oviedo, Love and Matthews. That was it. So rather than starting again, again, you'd think we'd be looking to improve on what we have.

Think he's shite. His touch is really poor & he looks all over the place a lot of the time.

Don't buy all this potential talk. Surely every young player is classed as having potential?

We need to rip up the centre back position and start again in the summer, they're all not good enough.

We’ve only conceded 34 goals this season, only Barnsley and Luton have conceded less.

Given the situation we were in at the start of the season I’d say we’ve done pretty well. There is always room for improvement but to say they are all not good enough is very harsh.

Back