Reading that Burnley want a permanent deal for Dunne!

We sold John Egan without giving him a game and he has gone on to prove what a bad piece of business that was. A lot of CBs get better as they get older ( until their pace leaves them ). Dunne is a decent prospect
Not really, we were a premier league team at the time we got shot of him and he’s never made it back to that level yet. So on that basis moving him on was justified.

Very hit and miss. There's definitely something there but I would hope we would look elsewhere, whatever division we are in next season. I can't believe we couldn't find better.

He's not been great but for a reasonable fee I'd happily see him come here and we can develop him. At 21 there's still plenty of chance he can improve as a player, especially in that position. Been underwhelming as a loan with no option to buy because I don't think he significantly improves us, but he is one who could be worth bringing in permanently

He’s beeb ok as a loan but no way we should sign him

Not really, we were a premier league team at the time we got shot of him and he’s never made it back to that level yet. So on that basis moving him on was justified.

But we brought Paul McShane and Anton Ferdinand who were never re ally any better than Championship standard, same could be said of Titus Bramble. We used Johhny Evans who had no Premiership experience yet was brilliant. We wasted money on Roberge and Diakite. Mensah was injury prone. O'Shea and Brown were decent but had Egan been given a chance who knows how it might have worked out.

But we brought Paul McShane and Anton Ferdinand who were never re ally any better than Championship standard, same could be said of Titus Bramble. We used Johhny Evans who had no Premiership experience yet was brilliant. We wasted money on Roberge and Diakite. Mensah was injury prone. O'Shea and Brown were decent but had Egan been given a chance who knows how it might have worked out.

They were a lot better than decent in the early years imo.

We sold John Egan without giving him a game and he has gone on to prove what a bad piece of business that was. A lot of CBs get better as they get older ( until their pace leaves them ). Dunne is a decent prospect
That’s 100% fake news, we were a premiership club at the time he was released because he wasn’t considered good enough for thr premiership and he’d suffered with bad injuries, he's been away around 6 years and whilst he’s done well to get where he has he still hasn’t played in the premiership which justifies that original decision
The club also said at the time had we been relegated that season he would of been offered a new contract

Just seen this point has already been made

Last edited:
i guess thats a fair enough argument...but the fact that Egan has had a decent record at Championship level ibdicates he should at least been given some sort of opportunity whilst here...eg in the Cup games v Carlisle, Pools, etc etc
Let’s face it when he left us, in the premiership, he joined league one Gillingham, he stayed with them for 2 season before joining league one Brentford, he won promotion with them to championship, consequently it was 3years before he played in championship. The cub made the right decision in letting him go

but john egan wasnt championship standard when we let him go..he had a loan in the championship..they didnt keep him..he got a league one move..so that was his level when we released him..and we didnt have a vanacny for one of those..oshea is now, at a much older age than egan. still playing in the same division as him..shows how far ahead of egan shea was in his prime..

McShane I agree with. Ferdinand was a good player and Bramble played the majority of his career in the premier league. But that’s all hypothetical, he wasn’t deemed good enough by a few managers and they moved him on.

Back