RTG Read This Carefully

Status
Not open for further replies.
The short answer is yes.

In the past we have perhaps been too lenient.

When this previous leniency coincided with a good percentage of posters collectively became psycho killers regarding the takeover/wums/itks/talk ins/Ross/Donald/Methven/club announcements and just about anything else you could think of, then it became an almost perfect storm and everything turned to shit.

Well, I welcome a stricter policy. And I've certainly been guilty of bad behavior in the (hopefully distant) past. :oops:

Yep warn the bloke responding to the abuse whilst turning a blind eye to those abusing.

Canny that mind.

If you're refering to me my apologies if that's how you interpreted it - but I didn't mean any abuse towards you from me and didn't see any from anyone else?

But to accuse a moderator of that after a rather anodyne exchange is exactly what I was alluding to when I talked about 'playing the victim'.

Totally agree, no need for it. Our fans are supposed to be some of the best in the country, you wouldn't think it mind being on here. I think most just come on here to start trouble.

Just looked for that post and you are being somewhat economical with the truth as you repeated it 14 times in block capitals, bold, large font, underlined.
I think that some see what appears to be double standards.

I got a warning for offensive behaviour. As we can't actually see what the warning is actually for it makes things a little difficult.

I thought back through my posts and the only one i could see as being "offensive" was when i called someone a knob (that post had been deleted) which in my mind he was being. I've seen plenty worse posted and left on the forums so it just seemed a bit ott at the time.

The problem I find on here is people are just so eager to prove other people wrong and won’t hear any other opinion other than their own.

I don’t see why people with differing opinions can’t just have a good peaceful debate and discussion about it instead of resorting to name calling and abuse.

I used to enjoy the forum but am disgusted by posters making unfounded allegations against the owner’s, manager, players and other posters, the amount of abuse and blatant lies has increased and I for one can understand Roger and the mods frustration. Can we not revert to a forum where we can disagree, debate without abuse lies and vitriol.

Didn't know it was so bad, is this fake itk people or even worse?

It's every thread being derailed by the same people by hoying abuse at other posters, the club, the chairman etc.

Whatever the thread is about you can guarantee within two pages posters who no longer post here or the owners will be labelled lying baby killers who've robbed the club of hundreds of millions of pounds and taken the fans for a ride.

EDIT: Obviously this state of perfect shit storm has ceased to exist since this morning.

Last edited:
Well said, not many posts these days with substance or reason. Keep it real and respect a difference of opinion, the response I get most is....... he must be a mag. For the record I’m not and to be honest I’m not a supporter of football right now it’s lost it’s appeal, but, that doesn’t mean I can’t have a difference of opinion now and again.

Your so right, how many posts just contain some intemperate comments with nothing to contribute to the debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back