Re-wilding

Yes there's a few now. Huge plans to rewild thousands of acres of East Anglia, although whether it will happen I don't know

The battles are on so many fronts. Alladale was established primarily to reintroduce wolves. The Ramblers Association are one of the obstacles. They don't want to walk where there are wolves - though Sweden has wolves and footpaths, and I've walked in wolf country there without fear or incident.

I currently live on an estate that would like to go down the rewilding route, though the financial underpinning in the early stages was EU money. Since Brexit, the red tape is unbelievable. I'm passionate about ecology and conservation, but even I have reached the stage at which I wonder if the best course would be to say 'Fuck you' to DEFRA and napalm the entire acreage. Not good for this particular swathe of British countryside, but would be worth it if it provoked a debate about all the rest.

The battles are on so many fronts. Alladale was established primarily to reintroduce wolves. The Ramblers Association are one of the obstacles. They don't want to walk where there are wolves - though Sweden has wolves and footpaths, and I've walked in wolf country there without fear or incident.

I currently live on an estate that would like to go down the rewilding route, though the financial underpinning in the early stages was EU money. Since Brexit, the red tape is unbelievable. I'm passionate about ecology and conservation, but even I have reached the stage at which I wonder if the best course would be to say 'Fuck you' to DEFRA and napalm the entire acreage. Not good for this particular swathe of British countryside, but would be worth it if it provoked a debate about all the rest.
Yeah, EU money was all over Knepp.

Back