Re the Netfilx series, Anyone seen Last Chance U?

It's about a small town american football college team in Mississippi who hoovers up all the cast offs from other teams who have not made their grades or who have dabbled with drugs or been caught on camera for domestic violence etc. They then try and mould them into a team and also try to educate them enough so some of them can take a step up.

Even if you hate American football its a great watch. Their coach is a psychology masters thesis in his own right. Seems like a nice bloke at first view but loses his rag whenever anything goes wrong and absolutely batters his team for it. Next day he is telling them how much he loves and respects them.

I have just started watching the second series and that in itself is interesting as they interview people who were in the first one to get their impressions of themselves from the first series. That might not be so interesting with ours as most people will have left.

Its well worth a watch.

Last edited:

It's about a small town american football college team in Mississippi who hoovers up all the cast offs from other teams who have not made their grades or who have dabbled with drugs or been caught on camera for domestic violence etc. They then try and mould them into a team and also try to educate them enough so some of them can take a step up.

Even if you hate American football its a great watch. Their coach is a psychology masters thesis in his own right. Seems like a nice bloke at first view but loses his rag whenever anything goes wrong and absolutely batters his team for it. Next day he is telling them how much he loves and respects them.

I have just started watching the second series and that in itself is interesting as they interview people who were in the first one to get their impressions of themselves from the first series. That might not be so interesting with ours as most people will have left.

Its well worth a watch.

I’ve watched all the series. Totally addictive. Great human stories at the heart of them all.

It’s moved on for the most recent series to follow a team based in Kansas. And if you thought the head coach in Mississippi was a nutter, you want to meet the Kansas fella. Off his rocker.

I've seen it, it's a great watch, highly recommend it. Also others in my family have seen it and enjoyed it who have **zero** interest in either proper football or American football.

Been watching it over the Christmas break when there has been crap on the telly. Its a great watch. Still can't decide whether I like the head coach or want to punch him.

I've seen it, it's a great watch, highly recommend it. Also others in my family have seen it and enjoyed it who have **zero** interest in either proper football or American football.

My wife watched it and loved it and she absolutely hates all sport.

I know a fair a bit about football of the American kind but it’s not essential. If you like sport and human stories, tales of adversity and triumph and all that, then you’ll love Last Chance U.

Its well worth a watch.

Cracking series

QB1 was also good. Jake Fromm will end up Steelers franchise QB in 2020

American football forum this shite

Its well worth a watch.
Is it on Netflix too?

The episode featured a QB who was getting his second chance - made a successful transition to a major program thereafter; so even though the odds are tough, a few do take advantage of their last chance.

Edit: it was Franklin, transferred to Auburn and was picked up by the Chicago Bears (not as QB but as Safety) so he made it to the NFL.

And the Bears (hate them) are doing very well this year!

Last edited:
Independence was awful this season, so I wonder if they will have a 2nd season with them. Could be very interesting, but they also might have stopped giving access as things fell apart.

Its well worth a watch.
Not worth it now you have told us all about it

Its well worth a watch.
Cheers, TV. I'll check it now (me owl funk soul brother... ride about now...)

Back