RBG is dead

RIP to a firebrand.

“My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed."

Is there any hope of this? How long do appointments usually take?

RIP to a firebrand.

“My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed."

Republicans set a president 4 years ago to hold off selection till after an election. It will be interesting to see if they follow it.

In more important news, John Oliver will have to get a new dog for his supreme court.

RIP to a firebrand.

It'll go from a 5-4 conservative majority to a 6-3 conservative majority so shouldn't make much difference. I think even conservative judges are a lot less conservative than they used to be tbh.

Don't they with mainly domestic issues?

It'll go from a 5-4 conservative majority to a 6-3 conservative majority so shouldn't make much difference. I think even conservative judges are a lot less conservative than they used to be tbh.

I think it will make a big difference and consensus is such too. Until now people like Roberts and even Gorusch have broken ranks to side across the lines and it’s all it’s taken. Now it will take more right wingers to do that. Things are about to get much harder in the States for certain people.

Surely need to delay an appointment until the election.

The problem is, if Trump nominates a right wing judge who is very qualified and competent and the Democrats try to delay it.....will it hurt them at the polls in November?

McConnell has already said he's going to fill it asap. This was expected. He's changed America for generations and he's pleased about it.

Some Rep senators have said they wont vote. If a new judge is installed Roe v Wade will be overturned.
Only need 50 plus vp to do it. I believe there's 54 gop senators and so far only 2 have said they won't vote for confirmation, one of which is Murkowski who is a liar anyway.

Republicans set a president 4 years ago to hold off selection till after an election. It will be interesting to see if they follow it.
You think Trump will do the decent thing?
If so, I will take that bet.

One of the Conservative judges actually votes on the issues, and not no party lines. So its quite even right now.
One Trump-picked right winger would let them change almost anything.

Its a stupid way to do thing.

Last edited:

Back